Σοφία Σαλωμῶνος Wisdom of Solomon
CATSS LXX Brenton (1851) Wiki English Translation LXX / World English Bible Westminster Leningrad Codex Wiki English Translation HB / World English Bible 1 Wsd 7:1 1 εἰμὶ μὲν κἀγὼ θνητὸς ἄνθρωπος ἴσος ἅπασιν καὶ γηγενοῦς ἀπόγονος πρωτοπλάστου καὶ ἐν κοιλίᾳ μητρὸς ἐγλύφην σὰρξ Wsd 7:1
I myself also am a mortal man, like to all, and the offspring of him that was first made of the earth,
I myself am also
mortal, like everyone else, and am a descendant of one formed first and born of the earth.
- - - 2 Wsd 7:2 2 δεκαμηνιαίῳ χρόνῳ παγεὶς ἐν αἵματι ἐκ σπέρματος ἀνδρὸς καὶ ἡδονῆς ὕπνῳ συνελθούσης Wsd 7:2
And in my mother's womb was fashioned to be flesh in the time of ten months, being compacted in blood, of the seed of man, and the pleasure that came with sleep.
I molded into flesh in the time of ten months in my mother’s womb, being compacted in blood from the seed of man and pleasure of marriage.
- - - 3 Wsd 7:3 3 καὶ ἐγὼ δὲ γενόμενος ἔσπασα τὸν κοινὸν ἀέρα καὶ ἐπὶ τὴν ὁμοιοπαθῆ κατέπεσον γῆν πρώτην φωνὴν τὴν ὁμοίαν πᾶσιν ἴσα κλαίων Wsd 7:3
And when I was born, I drew in the common air, and fell upon the earth, which is of like nature, and the first voice which I uttered was crying, as all others do.
I also, when I was born, drew in the common air, and fell upon the kindred earth, uttering, like all, for my first voice, the same cry.
- - - 4 Wsd 7:4 4 ἐν σπαργάνοις ἀνετράφην καὶ φροντίσιν Wsd 7:4
I was nursed in swaddling clothes, and that with cares.
I was nursed with care in swaddling clothes.
- - - 5 Wsd 7:5 5 οὐδεὶς γὰρ βασιλέων ἑτέραν ἔσχεν γενέσεως ἀρχήν Wsd 7:5
For there is no king that had any other beginning of birth.
For no king had a different beginning,
- - - 6 Wsd 7:6 6 μία δὲ πάντων εἴσοδος εἰς τὸν βίον ἔξοδός τε ἴση Wsd 7:6
For all men have one entrance into life, and the like going out.
but all men have one entrance into life, and a common departure.
- - - 7 Wsd 7:7 7 διὰ τοῦτο εὐξάμην καὶ φρόνησις ἐδόθη μοι ἐπεκαλεσάμην καὶ ἦλθέν μοι πνεῦμα σοφίας Wsd 7:7
Wherefore I prayed, and understanding was given me: I called upon God, and the spirit of wisdom came to me.
For this cause I prayed, and understanding was given to me. I asked, and a spirit of wisdom came to me.
- - - 8 Wsd 7:8 8 προέκρινα αὐτὴν σκήπτρων καὶ θρόνων καὶ πλοῦτον οὐδὲν ἡγησάμην ἐν συγκρίσει αὐτῆς Wsd 7:8
I preferred her before sceptres and thrones, and esteemed riches nothing in comparison of her.
I preferred her before sceptres and thrones. I considered riches nothing in comparison to her.
- - - 9 Wsd 7:9 9 οὐδὲ ὡμοίωσα αὐτῇ λίθον ἀτίμητον ὅτι ὁ πᾶς χρυσὸς ἐν ὄψει αὐτῆς ψάμμος ὀλίγη καὶ ὡς πηλὸς λογισθήσεται ἄργυρος ἐναντίον αὐτῆς Wsd 7:9
Neither compared I unto her any precious stone, because all gold in respect of her is as a little sand, and silver shall be counted as clay before her.
Neither did I liken to her any priceless gem, because all gold in her presence is a little sand, and silver will be considered as clay before her.
- - - 10 Wsd 7:10 10 ὑπὲρ ὑγίειαν καὶ εὐμορφίαν ἠγάπησα αὐτὴν καὶ προειλόμην αὐτὴν ἀντὶ φωτὸς ἔχειν ὅτι ἀκοίμητον τὸ ἐκ ταύτης φέγγος Wsd 7:10
I loved her above health and beauty, and chose to have her instead of light: for the light that cometh from her never goeth out.
I loved her more than health and beauty, and I chose to have her rather than light, because her bright shining is never laid to sleep.
- - - 11 Wsd 7:11 11 ἦλθεν δέ μοι τὰ ἀγαθὰ ὁμοῦ πάντα μετ’ αὐτῆς καὶ ἀναρίθμητος πλοῦτος ἐν χερσὶν αὐτῆς Wsd 7:11
All good things together came to me with her, and innumerable riches in her hands.
All good things came to me with her, and innumerable riches are in her hands.
- - - 12 Wsd 7:12 12 εὐφράνθην δὲ ἐπὶ πᾶσιν ὅτι αὐτῶν ἡγεῖται σοφία ἠγνόουν δὲ αὐτὴν γενέτιν εἶναι τούτων Wsd 7:12
And I rejoiced in them all, because wisdom goeth before them: and I knew not that she was the mother of them.
And I rejoiced over them all because wisdom leads them; although I didn’t know that she was their mother.
- - - 13 Wsd 7:13 13 ἀδόλως τε ἔμαθον ἀφθόνως τε μεταδίδωμι τὸν πλοῦτον αὐτῆς οὐκ ἀποκρύπτομαι Wsd 7:13
I learned diligently, and do communicate her liberally: I do not hide her riches.
As I learned without guile, I impart without grudging. I don’t hide her riches.
- - - 14 Wsd 7:14 14 ἀνεκλιπὴς γὰρ θησαυρός ἐστιν ἀνθρώποις ὃν οἱ κτησάμενοι πρὸς θεὸν ἐστείλαντο φιλίαν διὰ τὰς ἐκ παιδείας δωρεὰς συσταθέντες Wsd 7:14
For she is a treasure unto men that never faileth: which they that use become the friends of God, being commended for the gifts that come from learning.
For she is a treasure for men that doesn’t fail, and those who use it obtain friendship with God, commended by the gifts which they present through discipline.
- - - 15 Wsd 7:15 15 ἐμοὶ δὲ δῴη ὁ θεὸς εἰπεῖν κατὰ γνώμην καὶ ἐνθυμηθῆναι ἀξίως τῶν δεδομένων ὅτι αὐτὸς καὶ τῆς σοφίας ὁδηγός ἐστιν καὶ τῶν σοφῶν διορθωτής Wsd 7:15
God hath granted me to speak as I would, and to conceive as is meet for the things that are given me: because it is he that leadeth unto wisdom, and directeth the wise.
But may God grant that I may speak his judgment, and to conceive thoughts worthy of what has been given me; because he is one who guides even wisdom and who corrects the wise.
- - - 16 Wsd 7:16 16 ἐν γὰρ χειρὶ αὐτοῦ καὶ ἡμεῖς καὶ οἱ λόγοι ἡμῶν πᾶσά τε φρόνησις καὶ ἐργατειῶν ἐπιστήμη Wsd 7:16
For in his hand are both we and our words; all wisdom also, and knowledge of workmanship.
For both we and our words are in his hand, with all understanding and skill in various crafts.
- - - 17 Wsd 7:17 17 αὐτὸς γάρ μοι ἔδωκεν τῶν ὄντων γνῶσιν ἀψευδῆ εἰδέναι σύστασιν κόσμου καὶ ἐνέργειαν στοιχείων Wsd 7:17
For he hath given me certain knowledge of the things that are, namely, to know how the world was made, and the operation of the elements:
For he himself gave me an unerring knowledge of the things that are, to know the structure of the universe and the operation of the elements;
- - - 18 Wsd 7:18 18 ἀρχὴν καὶ τέλος καὶ μεσότητα χρόνων τροπῶν ἀλλαγὰς καὶ μεταβολὰς καιρῶν Wsd 7:18
The beginning, ending, and midst of the times: the alterations of the turning of the sun, and the change of seasons:
the beginning, end, and middle of times; the alternations of the solstices and the changes of seasons;
- - - 19 Wsd 7:19 19 ἐνιαυτοῦ κύκλους καὶ ἄστρων θέσεις Wsd 7:19
The circuits of years, and the positions of stars:
the circuits of years and the positions of stars;
- - - 20 Wsd 7:20 20 φύσεις ζῴων καὶ θυμοὺς θηρίων πνευμάτων βίας καὶ διαλογισμοὺς ἀνθρώπων διαφορὰς φυτῶν καὶ δυνάμεις ῥιζῶν Wsd 7:20
The natures of living creatures, and the furies of wild beasts: the violence of winds, and the reasonings of men: the diversities of plants and the virtues of roots:
the natures of living creatures and the raging of wild beasts; the violence of
winds and the thoughts of men; the diversities of plants and the virtues of roots.
- - - 21 Wsd 7:21 21 ὅσα τέ ἐστιν κρυπτὰ καὶ ἐμφανῆ ἔγνων ἡ γὰρ πάντων τεχνῖτις ἐδίδαξέν με σοφία Wsd 7:21
And all such things as are either secret or manifest, them I know.
All things that are either secret or manifest I learned,
- - - 22 Wsd 7:22 22 ἔστιν γὰρ ἐν αὐτῇ πνεῦμα νοερόν ἅγιον μονογενές πολυμερές λεπτόν εὐκίνητον τρανόν ἀμόλυντον σαφές ἀπήμαντον φιλάγαθον ὀξύ Wsd 7:22
For wisdom, which is the worker of all things, taught me: for in her is an understanding spirit holy, one only, manifold, subtil, lively, clear, undefiled, plain, not subject to hurt, loving the thing that is good quick, which cannot be letted, ready to do good,
for wisdom, that is the architect of all things, taught me. For there is in her a spirit that is quick to understand, holy, unique, manifold, subtle, freely moving, clear in utterance, unpolluted, distinct, invulnerable, loving what is good, keen, unhindered,
- - - 23 Wsd 7:23 23 ἀκώλυτον εὐεργετικόν φιλάνθρωπον βέβαιον ἀσφαλές ἀμέριμνον παντοδύναμον πανεπίσκοπον καὶ διὰ πάντων χωροῦν πνευμάτων νοερῶν καθαρῶν λεπτοτάτων Wsd 7:23
Kind to man, steadfast, sure, free from care, having all power, overseeing all things, and going through all understanding, pure, and most subtil, spirits.
beneficent, loving toward man, steadfast, sure, free from care, all-powerful, all-surveying, and penetrating through all spirits that are quick to understand, pure, most subtle.
- - - 24 Wsd 7:24 24 πάσης γὰρ κινήσεως κινητικώτερον σοφία διήκει δὲ καὶ χωρεῖ διὰ πάντων διὰ τὴν καθαρότητα Wsd 7:24
For wisdom is more moving than any motion: she passeth and goeth through all things by reason of her pureness.
For wisdom is more mobile than any motion. Yes, she pervades and penetrates all things by reason of her purity.
- - - 25 Wsd 7:25 25 ἀτμὶς γάρ ἐστιν τῆς τοῦ θεοῦ δυνάμεως καὶ ἀπόρροια τῆς τοῦ παντοκράτορος δόξης εἰλικρινής διὰ τοῦτο οὐδὲν μεμιαμμένον εἰς αὐτὴν παρεμπίπτει Wsd 7:25
For she is the breath of the power of God, and a pure influence flowing from the glory of the Almighty: therefore can no defiled thing fall into her.
For she is a breath of the power of God, and a pure emanation of the glory of the Almighty. Therefore nothing defiled can find entrance into her.
- - - 26 Wsd 7:26 26 ἀπαύγασμα γάρ ἐστιν φωτὸς ἀϊδίου καὶ ἔσοπτρον ἀκηλίδωτον τῆς τοῦ θεοῦ ἐνεργείας καὶ εἰκὼν τῆς ἀγαθότητος αὐτοῦ Wsd 7:26
For she is the brightness of the everlasting light, the unspotted mirror of the power of God, and the image of his goodness.
For she is a reflection of everlasting light, an unspotted mirror of the working of God, and an image of his goodness.
- - - 27 Wsd 7:27 27 μία δὲ οὖσα πάντα δύναται καὶ μένουσα ἐν αὑτῇ τὰ πάντα καινίζει καὶ κατὰ γενεὰς εἰς ψυχὰς ὁσίας μεταβαίνουσα φίλους θεοῦ καὶ προφήτας κατασκευάζει Wsd 7:27
And being but one, she can do all things: and remaining in herself, she maketh all things new: and in all ages entering into holy souls, she maketh them friends of God, and prophets.
Although she is one, she has power to do all things. Remaining in herself, she renews all things. From generation to generation passing into holy souls, she makes friends of God and prophets. Although she is one, she has power to do all things. Remaining in
herself, she renews all things. From generation to generation passing
into holy souls, she makes friends of God and prophets.
- - - 28 Wsd 7:28 28 οὐθὲν γὰρ ἀγαπᾷ ὁ θεὸς εἰ μὴ τὸν σοφίᾳ συνοικοῦντα Wsd 7:28
For God loveth none but him that dwelleth with wisdom.
For God loves nothing as much as one who dwells with wisdom.
- - - 29 Wsd 7:29 29 ἔστιν γὰρ αὕτη εὐπρεπεστέρα ἡλίου καὶ ὑπὲρ πᾶσαν ἄστρων θέσιν φωτὶ συγκρινομένη εὑρίσκεται προτέρα Wsd 7:29
For she is more beautiful than the sun, and above all the order of stars: being compared with the light, she is found before it.
For she is fairer than the sun, and above all the constellations of the stars. She is better than light.
- - - 30 Wsd 7:30 30 τοῦτο μὲν γὰρ διαδέχεται νύξ σοφίας δὲ οὐ κατισχύει κακία Wsd 7:30
For after this cometh night: but vice shall not prevail against wisdom.
For daylight yields to night, but evil does not prevail against wisdom.
- - -
Match Diacritics KEYMAP Wildcard