Σοφία Σαλωμῶνος Wisdom of Solomon
CATSS LXX Brenton (1851) Wiki English Translation LXX / World English Bible Westminster Leningrad Codex Wiki English Translation HB / World English Bible 1 Wsd 1:1 1 Ἀγαπήσατε δικαιοσύνην οἱ κρίνοντες τὴν γῆν φρονήσατε περὶ τοῦ κυρίου ἐν ἀγαθότητι καὶ ἐν ἁπλότητι καρδίας ζητήσατε αὐτόν Wsd 1:1
Love righteousness, ye that be judges of the earth: think of the Lord with a good (heart,) and in simplicity of heart seek him.
Love righteousness, all you who are judges of the earth. Think of the Lord with a good mind. Seek him in singleness of heart, * Love righteousness, those judging the land! Think about YHWH in
goodness and in sincerity of heart. Seek Him!
- - - 2 Wsd 1:2 2 ὅτι εὑρίσκεται τοῖς μὴ πειράζουσιν αὐτόν ἐμφανίζεται δὲ τοῖς μὴ ἀπιστοῦσιν αὐτῷ Wsd 1:2
For he will be found of them that tempt him not; and sheweth himself unto such as do not distrust him.
because he is found by those who don’t put him to the test, and is manifested to those who trust him. He is found by those not putting Him to the test, even being
manifested to those not unfaithful to Him.
- - - 3 Wsd 1:3 3 σκολιοὶ γὰρ λογισμοὶ χωρίζουσιν ἀπὸ θεοῦ δοκιμαζομένη τε ἡ δύναμις ἐλέγχει τοὺς ἄφρονας Wsd 1:3
For froward thoughts separate from God: and his power, when it is tried, reproveth the unwise.
for crooked thoughts separate from God. His Power convicts when it is tested, and exposes the foolish; For crooked thoughts cause separation from God, the multitude of
which are examined, convicting the thoughtless.
- - - 4 Wsd 1:4 4 ὅτι εἰς κακότεχνον ψυχὴν οὐκ εἰσελεύσεται σοφία οὐδὲ κατοικήσει ἐν σώματι κατάχρεῳ ἁμαρτίας Wsd 1:4
For into a malicious soul wisdom shall not enter; nor dwell in the body that is subject unto sin.
because wisdom will not enter into a soul that devises evil, nor dwell in a body that is enslaved by sin. Into a pernicious soul wisdom will not enter, nor will it reside in
a body convicted of sin.
- - - 5 Wsd 1:5 5 ἅγιον γὰρ πνεῦμα παιδείας φεύξεται δόλον καὶ ἀπαναστήσεται ἀπὸ λογισμῶν ἀσυνέτων καὶ ἐλεγχθήσεται ἐπελθούσης ἀδικίας Wsd 1:5
For the holy spirit of discipline will flee deceit, and remove from thoughts that are without understanding, and will not abide when unrighteousness cometh in.
For a holy spirit of discipline will flee deceit, and will depart from thoughts that are without understanding, and will be ashamed when unrighteousness has come in. For the Holy Spirit of discipline will flee from deceit, and will
withdraw from foolish thoughts, and will show disapproval when coming
- - - 6 Wsd 1:6 6 φιλάνθρωπον γὰρ πνεῦμα σοφία καὶ οὐκ ἀθῳώσει βλάσφημον ἀπὸ χειλέων αὐτοῦ ὅτι τῶν νεφρῶν αὐτοῦ μάρτυς ὁ θεὸς καὶ τῆς καρδίας αὐτοῦ ἐπίσκοπος ἀληθὴς καὶ τῆς γλώσσης ἀκουστής Wsd 1:6
For wisdom is a loving spirit; and will not acquit a blasphemer of his words: for God is witness of his reins, and a true beholder of his heart, and a hearer of his tongue.
wisdom is a spirit who loves man, and she will not hold a
blasphemer guiltless for his lips, because God is witness of his inmost self, and is a true overseer of his heart, and a hearer of his tongue.
- - - 7 Wsd 1:7 7 ὅτι πνεῦμα κυρίου πεπλήρωκεν τὴν οἰκουμένην καὶ τὸ συνέχον τὰ πάντα γνῶσιν ἔχει φωνῆς Wsd 1:7
For the Spirit of the Lord filleth the world: and that which containeth all things hath knowledge of the voice.
Because the spirit of the Lord has filled
the world, and that which holds all things together knows what is said.
- - - 8 Wsd 1:8 8 διὰ τοῦτο φθεγγόμενος ἄδικα οὐδεὶς μὴ λάθῃ οὐδὲ μὴ παροδεύσῃ αὐτὸν ἐλέγχουσα ἡ δίκη Wsd 1:8
Therefore he that speaketh unrighteous things cannot be hid: neither shall vengeance, when it punisheth, pass by him.
Therefore no one who utters unrighteous things will be unseen; neither will Justice, when it convicts, pass him by.
- - - 9 Wsd 1:9 9 ἐν γὰρ διαβουλίοις ἀσεβοῦς ἐξέτασις ἔσται λόγων δὲ αὐτοῦ ἀκοὴ πρὸς κύριον ἥξει εἰς ἔλεγχον ἀνομημάτων αὐτοῦ Wsd 1:9
For inquisition shall be made into the counsels of the ungodly: and the sound of his words shall come unto the Lord for the manifestation of his wicked deeds.
For in his counsels the ungodly will be searched out, and the sound of his words will come to the Lord to bring his lawless deeds to conviction;
- - - 10 Wsd 1:10 10 ὅτι οὖς ζηλώσεως ἀκροᾶται τὰ πάντα καὶ θροῦς γογγυσμῶν οὐκ ἀποκρύπτεται Wsd 1:10
For the ear of jealousy heareth all things: and the noise of murmurings is not hid.
because a jealous ear listens to all things, and the noise of murmurings is not hidden.
- - - 11 Wsd 1:11 11 φυλάξασθε τοίνυν γογγυσμὸν ἀνωφελῆ καὶ ἀπὸ καταλαλιᾶς φείσασθε γλώσσης ὅτι φθέγμα λαθραῖον κενὸν οὐ πορεύσεται στόμα δὲ καταψευδόμενον ἀναιρεῖ ψυχήν Wsd 1:11
Therefore beware of murmuring, which is unprofitable; and refrain your tongue from backbiting: for there is no word so secret, that shall go for nought: and the mouth that belieth slayeth the soul.
Beware then of unprofitable murmuring, and keep your tongue from slander; because no secret utterance will go on its way void, and a lying mouth destroys a soul.
- - - 12 Wsd 1:12 12 μὴ ζηλοῦτε θάνατον ἐν πλάνῃ ζωῆς ὑμῶν μηδὲ ἐπισπᾶσθε ὄλεθρον ἐν ἔργοις χειρῶν ὑμῶν Wsd 1:12
Seek not death in the error of your life: and pull not upon yourselves destruction with the works of your hands.
Don’t court death in the error of your life. Don’t draw destruction upon yourselves by the works of your hands;
- - - 13 Wsd 1:13 13 ὅτι ὁ θεὸς θάνατον οὐκ ἐποίησεν οὐδὲ τέρπεται ἐπ’ ἀπωλείᾳ ζώντων Wsd 1:13
For God made not death: neither hath he pleasure in the destruction of the living.
because God didn’t make death, neither does he delight when the living perish.
- - - 14 Wsd 1:14 14 ἔκτισεν γὰρ εἰς τὸ εἶναι τὰ πάντα καὶ σωτήριοι αἱ γενέσεις τοῦ κόσμου καὶ οὐκ ἔστιν ἐν αὐταῖς φάρμακον ὀλέθρου οὔτε ᾅδου βασίλειον ἐπὶ γῆς Wsd 1:14
For he created all things, that they might have their being: and the generations of the world were healthful; and there is no poison of destruction in them, nor the kingdom of death upon the earth:
For he created all things that they might have being. The generative powers of the world are wholesome, and there is no poison of destruction in them, nor has Hades
royal dominion upon earth;
- - - 15 Wsd 1:15 15 δικαιοσύνη γὰρ ἀθάνατός ἐστιν Wsd 1:15
(For righteousness is immortal:)
for righteousness is immortal,
- - - 16 Wsd 1:16 16 ἀσεβεῖς δὲ ταῖς χερσὶν καὶ τοῖς λόγοις προσεκαλέσαντο αὐτόν φίλον ἡγησάμενοι αὐτὸν ἐτάκησαν καὶ συνθήκην ἔθεντο πρὸς αὐτόν ὅτι ἄξιοί εἰσιν τῆς ἐκείνου μερίδος εἶναι Wsd 1:16
But ungodly men with their works and words called it to them: for when they thought to have it their friend, they consumed to nought, and made a covenant with it, because they are worthy to take part with it.
but ungodly men by their hands and their words summon death; deeming him a friend they
pined away. They made a covenant with him, because they are worthy to belong with him.
- - -
Match Diacritics KEYMAP Wildcard