Τωβὶτ S Tobit S (Codex Sinaiticus)
CATSS LXX Brenton (1851) Wiki English Translation LXX / World English Bible Westminster Leningrad Codex Wiki English Translation HB / World English Bible 1 Tb 5:1 1 τότε ἀποκριθεὶς Τωβιας εἶπεν Τωβιθ τῷ πατρὶ αὐτοῦ πάντα ὅσα ἐντέταλσαί μοι ποιήσω πάτερ Tb 5:1
Tobias then answered and said, Father, I will do all things which thou hast commanded me:
¶Tobias then answered and said, “Father, I will do all things which you have commanded me;
- - - 2 Tb 5:2 2 πῶς δὲ δυνήσομαι αὐτὸ λαβεῖν παρ’ αὐτοῦ καὶ αὐτὸς οὐ γινώσκει με καὶ ἐγὼ οὐ γινώσκω αὐτόν τί σημεῖον δῶ αὐτῷ καὶ ἐπιγνῷ με καὶ πιστεύσῃ μοι καὶ δῷ μοι τὸ ἀργύριον καὶ τὰς ὁδοὺς τὰς εἰς Μηδίαν οὐ γινώσκω τοῦ πορευθῆναι ἐκεῖ Tb 5:2
But how can I receive the money, seeing I know him not?
but how can I receive the money, since I do not know him?”
- - - 3 Tb 5:3 3 τότε ἀποκριθεὶς Τωβιθ εἶπεν Τωβια τῷ υἱῷ αὐτοῦ χειρόγραφον αὐτοῦ ἔδωκέν μοι καὶ χειρόγραφον ἔδωκα αὐτῷ καὶ διεῖλον εἰς δύο καὶ ἐλάβομεν ἑκάτερος ἕν καὶ ἔθηκα μετὰ τοῦ ἀργυρίου καὶ νῦν ἰδοὺ ἔτη εἴκοσι ἀφ’ οὗ παρεθέμην τὸ ἀργύριον τοῦτο ἐγώ καὶ νῦν παιδίον ζήτησον σεαυτῷ ἄνθρωπον πιστόν ὃς πορεύσεται μετὰ σοῦ καὶ δώσομεν αὐτῷ μισθόν ἕως ὅτου ἔλθῃς καὶ λαβὲ παρ’ αὐτοῦ τὸ ἀργύριον τοῦτο Tb 5:3
Then he gave him the handwriting, and said unto him, Seek thee a man which may go with thee, whiles I yet live, and I will give him wages: and go and receive the money.
Then he gave him the handwriting, and said to him, “Seek a man to go with you, while I yet live, and I will give him wages; then go and receive the money.”
- - - 4 Tb 5:4 4 ἐξῆλθεν δὲ Τωβιας ζητῆσαι ἄνθρωπον ὃς πορεύσεται μετ’ αὐτοῦ εἰς Μηδίαν ὃς ἐμπειρεῖ τῆς ὁδοῦ καὶ ἐξῆλθεν καὶ εὗρεν Ραφαηλ τὸν ἄγγελον ἑστηκότα ἀπέναντι αὐτοῦ καὶ οὐκ ἔγνω ὅτι ἄγγελος τοῦ θεοῦ ἐστιν Tb 5:4
Therefore when he went to seek a man, he found Raphael that was an angel.
Therefore, when he went to seek a man, he found Raphael who was an angel,
- - - 5 Tb 5:5 5 καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ πόθεν εἶ νεανίσκε καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ ἐκ τῶν υἱῶν Ισραηλ τῶν ἀδελφῶν σου καὶ ἐλήλυθα ὧδε ἐργατεύεσθαι καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ ἐπίστῃ τὴν ὁδὸν πορευθῆναι εἰς Μηδίαν Tb 5:5
But he knew not; and he said unto him, Canst thou go with me to Rages? and knowest thou those places well?
but he did not know it; and so he said to him, “Can you go with me to Rages? And do you know those places well?”
- - - 6 Tb 5:6 6 καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ ναί πολλάκις ἐγὼ ἐγενόμην ἐκεῖ καὶ ἐμπειρῶ καὶ ἐπίσταμαι τὰς ὁδοὺς πάσας πλεονάκις ἐπορεύθην εἰς Μηδίαν καὶ ηὐλιζόμην παρὰ Γαβαήλῳ τῷ ἀδελφῷ ἡμῶν τῷ οἰκοῦντι ἐν Ῥάγοις τῆς Μηδίας καὶ ἀπέχει ὁδὸν ἡμερῶν δύο τεταγμένων ἀπὸ Ἐκβατάνων εἰς Ῥάγα κεῖνται γὰρ ἐν τῷ ὄρει Tb 5:6
To whom the angel said, I will go with thee, and I know the way well: for I have lodged with our brother Gabael.
The angel said to him, “I will go with you, and I know the way well, for I have stayed with our brother Gabael.”
- - - 7 Tb 5:7 7 καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ μεῖνόν με νεανίσκε μέχρι ὅτου εἰσελθὼν ὑποδείξω τῷ πατρί μου χρείαν γὰρ ἔχω ἵνα βαδίσῃς μετ’ ἐμοῦ καὶ δώσω σοι τὸν μισθόν σου Tb 5:7
Then Tobias said unto him, Tarry for me, till I tell my father.
Then Tobias said to him, “Wait for me, while I tell my father.”
- - - 8 Tb 5:8 8 καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ ἰδοὺ ἐγὼ προσκαρτερῶ μόνον μὴ χρονίσῃς Tb 5:8
Then he said unto him, Go and tarry not. So he went in and said to his father, Behold, I have found one which will go with me. Then he said, Call him unto me, that I may know of what tribe he is, and whether he be a trusty man to go with thee.
Then he said to him, “Go and do not delay.” So he went in and said to his father, “See now, I have found one who will go with me.” Then he said, “Call him to me, so that I may learn what tribe he is from and whether he is a trustworthy man to go with you.”
- - - 9 9 9 καὶ εἰσελθὼν Τωβιας ὑπέδειξεν Τωβιθ τῷ πατρὶ αὐτοῦ καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ ἰδοὺ ἄνθρωπον εὗρον τῶν ἀδελφῶν ἡμῶν τῶν υἱῶν Ισραηλ καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ κάλεσόν μοι τὸν ἄνθρωπον ὅπως ἐπιγνῶ τί τὸ γένος αὐτοῦ καὶ ἐκ ποίας φυλῆς ἐστιν καὶ εἰ πιστός ἐστιν ἵνα πορευθῇ μετὰ σοῦ παιδίον 9 9 - - - 10 Tb 5:9 10 καὶ ἐξῆλθεν Τωβιας καὶ ἐκάλεσεν αὐτὸν καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ νεανίσκε ὁ πατὴρ καλεῖ σε καὶ εἰσῆλθεν πρὸς αὐτόν καὶ ἐχαιρέτισεν αὐτὸν Τωβιθ πρῶτος καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ χαίρειν σοι πολλὰ γένοιτο καὶ ἀποκριθεὶς Τωβιθ εἶπεν αὐτῷ τί μοι ἔτι ὑπάρχει χαίρειν καὶ ἐγὼ ἄνθρωπος ἀδύνατος τοῖς ὀφθαλμοῖς καὶ οὐ βλέπω τὸ φῶς τοῦ οὐρανοῦ ἀλλ’ ἐν τῷ σκότει κεῖμαι ὥσπερ οἱ νεκροὶ οἱ μηκέτι θεωροῦντες τὸ φῶς ζῶν ἐγὼ ἐν νεκροῖς εἰμι φωνὴν ἀνθρώπων ἀκούω καὶ αὐτοὺς οὐ βλέπω καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ θάρσει ἐγγὺς παρὰ τῷ θεῷ ἰάσασθαί σε θάρσει καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ Τωβιθ Τωβιας ὁ υἱός μου θέλει πορευθῆναι εἰς Μηδίαν εἰ δυνήσῃ συνελθεῖν αὐτῷ καὶ ἀγαγεῖν αὐτόν καὶ δώσω σοι τὸν μισθόν σου ἄδελφε καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ δυνήσομαι πορευθῆναι μετ’ αὐτοῦ καὶ ἐπίσταμαι ἐγὼ τὰς ὁδοὺς πάσας καὶ πολλάκις ᾠχόμην εἰς Μηδίαν καὶ διῆλθον πάντα τὰ πεδία αὐτῆς καὶ τὰ ὄρη καὶ πάσας τὰς ὁδοὺς αὐτῆς ἐγὼ γινώσκω Tb 5:9
So he called him, and he came in, and they saluted one another.
¶So he called him, and he came in, and they greeted one another.
- - - 11 Tb 5:10 11 καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ ἄδελφε ποίας πατριᾶς εἶ καὶ ἐκ ποίας φυλῆς ὑπόδειξόν μοι ἄδελφε Tb 5:10
Then Tobit said unto him, Brother, shew me of what tribe and family thou art.
Then Tobit said to him, “Brother, tell me what tribe and family you are from.”
- - - 12 Tb 5:11 12 καὶ εἶπεν τί χρείαν ἔχεις φυλῆς καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ βούλομαι γνῶναι τὰ κατ’ ἀλήθειαν τίνος εἶ ἄδελφε καὶ τί τὸ ὄνομά σου Tb 5:11
To whom he said, Dost thou seek for a tribe or family, or an hired man to go with thy son? Then Tobit said unto him, I would know, brother, thy kindred and name.
He said to him, “Do you seek for a tribe or family, or for a hired man to go with your son?” Then Tobit said to him, “I would know, brother, your kindred and name.”
- - - 13 Tb 5:12 13 καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ ἐγὼ Αζαριας Ανανιου τοῦ μεγάλου τῶν ἀδελφῶν σου Tb 5:12
Then he said, I am Azarias, the son of Ananias the great, and of thy brethren.
Then he said, “I am Azariah, the son of Ananiah the great and of your brethren.”
- - - 14 Tb 5:13 14 καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ ὑγιαίνων ἔλθοις καὶ σῳζόμενος ἄδελφε καὶ μή μοι πικρανθῇς ἄδελφε ὅτι τὴν ἀλήθειαν ἐβουλόμην γνῶναι καὶ τὴν πατριάν σου καὶ σὺ τυγχάνεις ἀδελφὸς ὤν καὶ ἐκ γενεᾶς καλῆς καὶ ἀγαθῆς εἶ σύ ἐγίνωσκον Ανανιαν καὶ Ναθαν τοὺς δύο υἱοὺς Σεμελιου τοῦ μεγάλου καὶ αὐτοὶ συνεπορεύοντό μοι εἰς Ιερουσαλημ καὶ προσεκύνουν μετ’ ἐμοῦ ἐκεῖ καὶ οὐκ ἐπλανήθησαν οἱ ἀδελφοί σου ἄνθρωποι ἀγαθοί ἐκ ῥίζης ἀγαθῆς εἶ σύ καὶ χαίρων ἔλθοις Tb 5:13
Then Tobit said, Thou art welcome, brother; be not now angry with me, because I have enquired to know thy tribe and thy family; for thou art my brother, of an honest and good stock: for I know Ananias and Jonathas, sons of that great Samaias, as we went together to Jerusalem to worship, and offered the firstborn, and the tenths of the fruits; and they were not seduced with the error of our brethren: my brother, thou art of a good stock.
Then Tobit said, “You are welcome, brother; do not be angry with me now, because I asked about your tribe and your family; for you are my brother, of an honest and good stock. For I know Ananiah and Jonathan, sons of that great Samaiah, because we went together to Jerusalem to worship, and offered the firstborn, and the tenths of the fruits; and they were not seduced with the error of our brethren. My brother, you are of good stock.
- - - 15 Tb 5:14 15 καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ ἐγώ σοι δίδωμι μισθὸν τὴν ἡμέραν δραχμὴν καὶ τὰ δέοντά σοι ὁμοίως τῷ υἱῷ μου Tb 5:14
But tell me, what wages shall I give thee? wilt thou a drachm a day, and things necessary, as to mine own son?
But tell me, what wages shall I give you? Will you accept a drachma a day, plus whatever is needed for my own son?
- - - 16 Tb 5:15 16 καὶ πορεύθητι μετὰ τοῦ υἱοῦ μου καὶ ἔτι προσθήσω σοι τῷ μισθῷ Tb 5:15
Yea, moreover, if ye return safe, I will add something to thy wages.
Fine, but moreover, if you return safe, I will add something to your wages.”
- - - 17 Tb 5:16 17 καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ ὅτι πορεύσομαι μετ’ αὐτοῦ καὶ μὴ φοβηθῇς ὑγιαίνοντες ἀπελευσόμεθα καὶ ὑγιαίνοντες ἐπιστρέψομεν πρὸς σέ διότι ἡ ὁδὸς ἀσφαλής καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ εὐλογία σοι γένοιτο ἄδελφε καὶ ἐκάλεσεν τὸν υἱὸν αὐτοῦ καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ παιδίον ἑτοίμασον τὰ πρὸς τὴν ὁδὸν καὶ ἔξελθε μετὰ τοῦ ἀδελφοῦ σου καὶ ὁ θεὸς ὁ ἐν τῷ οὐρανῷ διασώσαι ὑμᾶς ἐκεῖ καὶ ἀποκαταστήσαι ὑμᾶς πρὸς ἐμὲ ὑγιαίνοντας καὶ ὁ ἄγγελος αὐτοῦ συνοδεύσαι ὑμῖν μετὰ σωτηρίας παιδίον καὶ ἐξῆλθεν πορευθῆναι τὴν ὁδὸν αὐτοῦ καὶ ἐφίλησεν τὸν πατέρα αὐτοῦ καὶ τὴν μητέρα καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ Τωβιθ πορεύου ὑγιαίνων Tb 5:16
So they were well pleased. Then said he to Tobias, Prepare thyself for the journey, and God send you a good journey. And when his son had prepared all things far the journey, his father said, Go thou with this man, and God, which dwelleth in heaven, prosper your journey, and the angel of God keep you company. So they went forth both, and the young man's dog with them.
¶So they were well pleased. Then he said to Tobias, “Prepare yourself for the journey, and may God give you a good journey.” And when his son had prepared everything for the journey, his father said, “Go with this man; and may God who dwells in heaven prosper your journey, and may the angel of God keep you company.” So they both went forth, and the young man’s dog with them.
- - - 18 Tb 5:17 18 καὶ ἔκλαυσεν ἡ μήτηρ αὐτοῦ καὶ εἶπεν πρὸς Τωβιθ τί ὅτι ἀπέστειλας τὸ παιδίον μου οὐχὶ αὐτὸς ῥάβδος τῆς χειρὸς ἡμῶν ἐστιν καὶ αὐτὸς εἰσπορεύεται καὶ ἐκπορεύεται ἐνώπιον ἡμῶν Tb 5:17
But Anna his mother wept, and said to Tobit, Why hast thou sent away our son? is he not the staff of our hand, in going in and out before us?
But Anna his mother wept and said to Tobit, “Why have you sent our son away? Is he not the staff of our hand, in going in and out before us?
- - - 19 Tb 5:18 19 ἀργύριον τῷ ἀργυρίῳ μὴ φθάσαι ἀλλὰ περίψημα τοῦ παιδίου ἡμῶν γένοιτο Tb 5:18
Be not greedy to add money to money: but let it be as refuse in respect of our child.
Do not be greedy to add money to money, but consider it as refuse compared to our child.
- - - 20 Tb 5:19 20 ὡς δέδοται ζῆν ἡμῖν παρὰ τοῦ κυρίου τοῦτο ἱκανὸν ἡμῖν Tb 5:19
For that which the Lord hath given us to live with doth suffice us.
For what the Lord has given us to live on should be sufficient for us.”
- - - 21 Tb 5:20 21 καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῇ μὴ λόγον ἔχε ὑγιαίνων πορεύσεται τὸ παιδίον ἡμῶν καὶ ὑγιαίνων ἐλεύσεται πρὸς ἡμᾶς καὶ οἱ ὀφθαλμοί σου ὄψονται ἐν τῇ ἡμέρᾳ ᾗ ἂν ἔλθῃ πρὸς σὲ ὑγιαίνων Tb 5:20
Then said Tobit to her, Take no care, my sister; he shall return in safety, and thine eyes shall see him.
Then Tobit said to her, “Do not worry, my sister; he will return in safety, and your eyes will see him.
- - - 22 Tb 5:21 22 μὴ λόγον ἔχε μὴ φοβοῦ περὶ αὐτῶν ἀδελφή ἄγγελος γὰρ ἀγαθὸς συνελεύσεται αὐτῷ καὶ εὐοδωθήσεται ἡ ὁδὸς αὐτοῦ καὶ ὑποστρέψει ὑγιαίνων Tb 5:21
For the good angel will keep him company, and his journey shall be prosperous, and he shall return safe.
For the good angel will keep him company, and his journey will be prosperous, and he will return safe.”
- - - 23 Tb 5:22 23 καὶ ἐσίγησεν κλαίουσα Tb 5:22
Then she made an end of weeping.
Then she ended her weeping.
- - -
Match Diacritics KEYMAP Wildcard