Τωβὶτ S Tobit S (Codex Sinaiticus)
CATSS LXX Brenton (1851) Wiki English Translation LXX / World English Bible Westminster Leningrad Codex Wiki English Translation HB / World English Bible 1 Tb 12:1 1 καὶ ὅτε ἐπετελέσθη ὁ γάμος ἐκάλεσεν Τωβιθ Τωβιαν τὸν υἱὸν αὐτοῦ καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ παιδίον ὅρα δοῦναι τὸν μισθὸν τῷ ἀνθρώπῳ τῷ πορευθέντι μετὰ σοῦ καὶ προσθεῖναι αὐτῷ εἰς τὸν μισθόν Tb 12:1
Then Tobit called his son Tobias, and said unto him, My son, see that the man have his wages, which went with thee, and thou must give him more.
¶Then Tobit called his son Tobias and said to him, “My son, see that the man who went with you has his wages and you must give him more.”
- - - 2 Tb 12:2 2 καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ πάτερ πόσον αὐτῷ δώσω τὸν μισθόν οὐ βλάπτομαι διδοὺς αὐτῷ τὸ ἥμισυ τῶν ὑπαρχόντων ὧν ἐνήνοχεν μετ’ ἐμοῦ Tb 12:2
And Tobias said unto him, O father, it is no harm to me to give him half of those things which I have brought:
And Tobias said to him, “O father, it is no harm to me to give him half of those things which I have brought,
- - - 3 Tb 12:3 3 ἐμὲ ἀγείοχεν ὑγιαίνοντα καὶ τὴν γυναῖκά μου ἐθεράπευσεν καὶ τὸ ἀργύριον ἤνεγκεν μετ’ ἐμοῦ καὶ σὲ ἐθεράπευσεν πόσον αὐτῷ ἔτι δῶ μισθόν Tb 12:3
For he hath brought me again to thee in safety, and made whole my wife, and brought me the money, and likewise healed thee.
for he has returned me to you in safety, and made my wife whole, and brought me the money, and likewise healed you.”
- - - 4 Tb 12:4 4 καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ Τωβις δικαιοῦται αὐτῷ παιδίον λαβεῖν τὸ ἥμισυ πάντων ὧν ἔχων ἦλθεν Tb 12:4
Then the old man said, It is due unto him.
¶Then the old man said, “It is due to him.”
- - - 5 Tb 12:5 5 καὶ ἐκάλεσεν αὐτὸν καὶ εἶπεν λαβὲ τὸ ἥμισυ πάντων ὧν ἔχων ἦλθες εἰς τὸν μισθόν σου καὶ ὕπαγε ὑγιαίνων Tb 12:5
So he called the angel, and he said unto him, Take half of all that ye have brought and go away in safety.
¶So he called the angel and he said to him, “Take half of all that you have brought and go away in safety.”
- - - 6 Tb 12:6 6 τότε ἐκάλεσεν τοὺς δύο κρυπτῶς καὶ εἶπεν αὐτοῖς τὸν θεὸν εὐλογεῖτε καὶ αὐτῷ ἐξομολογεῖσθε ἐνώπιον πάντων τῶν ζώντων ἃ ἐποίησεν μεθ’ ὑμῶν ἀγαθά τοῦ εὐλογεῖν καὶ ὑμνεῖν τὸ ὄνομα αὐτοῦ τοὺς λόγους τοῦ θεοῦ ὑποδείκνυτε πᾶσιν ἀνθρώποις ἐντίμως καὶ μὴ ὀκνεῖτε ἐξομολογεῖσθαι αὐτῷ Tb 12:6
Then he took them both apart, and said unto them, Bless God, praise him, and magnify him, and praise him for the things which he hath done unto you in the sight of all that live. It is good to praise God, and exalt his name, and honourably to shew forth the works of God; therefore be not slack to praise him.
¶Then the angel took them both aside and said to them, “Bless God, praise him, and magnify him, and praise him for all the things which he has done for you in the sight of all who live. It is good to praise God and exalt his name and to honorably show forth the works of God; therefore do not be negligent in praising him.
- - - 7 Tb 12:7 7 μυστήριον βασιλέως κρύπτειν καλόν τὰ δὲ ἔργα τοῦ θεοῦ ἀνακαλύπτειν καὶ ἐξομολογεῖσθαι ἐντίμως τὸ ἀγαθὸν ποιεῖτε καὶ κακὸν οὐχ εὑρήσει ὑμᾶς Tb 12:7
It is good to keep close the secret of a king, but it is honourable to reveal the works of God. Do that which is good, and no evil shall touch you.
It is good to keep close the secret of a king, but it is honorable to reveal the works of God. Do what is good and no evil shall touch you.
- - - 8 Tb 12:8 8 ἀγαθὸν προσευχὴ μετὰ ἀληθείας καὶ ἐλεημοσύνη μετὰ δικαιοσύνης μᾶλλον ἢ πλοῦτος μετὰ ἀδικίας καλὸν ποιῆσαι ἐλεημοσύνην μᾶλλον ἢ θησαυρίσαι χρυσίον Tb 12:8
Prayer is good with fasting and alms and righteousness. A little with righteousness is better than much with unrighteousness. It is better to give alms than to lay up gold:
Prayer is good with fasting and alms and righteousness. A little with righteousness is better than much with unrighteousness. It is better to give alms than to store up gold,
- - - 9 Tb 12:9 9 ἐλεημοσύνη ἐκ θανάτου ῥύεται καὶ αὐτὴ ἀποκαθαίρει πᾶσαν ἁμαρτίαν οἱ ποιοῦντες ἐλεημοσύνην χορτασθήσονται ζωῆς Tb 12:9
For alms doth deliver from death, and shall purge away all sin. Those that exercise alms and righteousness shall be filled with life:
for alms can deliver from death and will purge away all sin. Those who practice almsgiving and righteousness shall be filled with life;
- - - 10 Tb 12:10 10 οἱ ποιοῦντες ἁμαρτίαν καὶ ἀδικίαν πολέμιοί εἰσιν τῆς ἑαυτῶν ψυχῆς Tb 12:10
But they that sin are enemies to their own life.
but those who sin are enemies to their own life.
- - - 11 Tb 12:11 11 πᾶσαν τὴν ἀλήθειαν ὑμῖν ὑποδείξω καὶ οὐ μὴ κρύψω ἀφ’ ὑμῶν πᾶν ῥῆμα ἤδη ὑμῖν ὑπέδειξα καὶ εἶπον μυστήριον βασιλέως καλὸν κρύψαι καὶ τὰ ἔργα τοῦ θεοῦ ἀνακαλύπτειν ἐνδόξως Tb 12:11
Surely I will keep close nothing from you. For I said, It was good to keep close the secret of a king, but that it was honourable to reveal the works of God.
Surely I will withhold nothing from you, for I said that it is good to keep close the secret of a king, but that it is honorable to reveal the works of God.
- - - 12 Tb 12:12 12 καὶ νῦν ὅτε προσηύξω καὶ Σαρρα ἐγὼ προσήγαγον τὸ μνημόσυνον τῆς προσευχῆς ὑμῶν ἐνώπιον τῆς δόξης κυρίου καὶ ὅτε ἔθαπτες τοὺς νεκρούς ὡσαύτως Tb 12:12
Now therefore, when thou didst pray, and Sara thy daughter in law, I did bring the remembrance of your prayers before the Holy One: and when thou didst bury the dead, I was with thee likewise.
Now therefore, when you pray, and when Sarah your daughter-in-law prays, I will bring the remembrance of your prayers before the Holy One. And when you buried the dead, I was with you likewise.
- - - 13 Tb 12:13 13 καὶ ὅτε οὐκ ὤκνησας ἀναστῆναι καὶ καταλιπεῖν σου τὸ ἄριστον καὶ ᾤχου καὶ περιέστειλες τὸν νεκρόν τότε ἀπέσταλμαι ἐπὶ σὲ πειράσαι σε Tb 12:13
And when thou didst not delay to rise up, and leave thy dinner, to go and cover the dead, thy good deed was not hid from me: but I was with thee.
And when you did not delay to rise up and leave your dinner, to go and cover the dead, your good deed was not hidden from me, but I was with you.
- - - 14 Tb 12:14 14 καὶ ἅμα ἀπέσταλκέν με ὁ θεὸς ἰάσασθαί σε καὶ Σαρραν τὴν νύμφην σου Tb 12:14
And now God hath sent me to heal thee and Sara thy daughter in law.
And now God has sent me to heal you and Sarah your daughter-in-law.
- - - 15 Tb 12:15 15 ἐγώ εἰμι Ραφαηλ εἷς τῶν ἑπτὰ ἀγγέλων οἳ παρεστήκασιν καὶ εἰσπορεύονται ἐνώπιον τῆς δόξης κυρίου Tb 12:15
I am Raphael, one of the seven holy angels, which present the prayers of the saints, and which go in and out before the glory of the Holy One.
I am Raphael, one of the seven holy angels, who present the prayers of the saints, and who go in and out before the glory of the Holy One.”
- - - 16 Tb 12:16 16 καὶ ἐταράχθησαν οἱ δύο καὶ ἔπεσαν ἐπὶ πρόσωπον αὐτῶν καὶ ἐφοβήθησαν Tb 12:16
Then they were both troubled, and fell upon their faces: for they feared.
Then they were both troubled and fell upon their faces, for they were afraid.
- - - 17 Tb 12:17 17 καὶ εἶπεν αὐτοῖς μὴ φοβεῖσθε εἰρήνη ὑμῖν τὸν θεὸν εὐλογεῖτε εἰς πάντα τὸν αἰῶνα Tb 12:17
But he said unto them, Fear not, for it shall go well with you; praise God therefore.
But he said to them, “Fear not, for it shall go well with you; therefore praise God.
- - - 18 Tb 12:18 18 ἐγὼ ὅτε ἤμην μεθ’ ὑμῶν οὐχὶ τῇ ἐμῇ χάριτι ἤμην μεθ’ ὑμῶν ἀλλὰ τῇ θελήσει τοῦ θεοῦ αὐτὸν εὐλογεῖτε κατὰ πάσας τὰς ἡμέρας αὐτῷ ὑμνεῖτε Tb 12:18
For not of any favour of mine, but by the will of our God I came; wherefore praise him for ever.
For I came, not by any favor of mine, but by the will of our God; therefore praise him for ever.
- - - 19 Tb 12:19 19 καὶ ἐθεωρεῖτέ με ὅτι οὐκ ἔφαγον οὐθέν ἀλλὰ ὅρασις ὑμῖν ἐθεωρεῖτο Tb 12:19
All these days I did appear unto you; but I did neither eat nor drink, but ye did see a vision.
All these days I appeared to you, yet I neither ate nor drank, but you saw a vision.
- - - 20 Tb 12:20 20 καὶ νῦν εὐλογεῖτε ἐπὶ τῆς γῆς κύριον καὶ ἐξομολογεῖσθε τῷ θεῷ ἰδοὺ ἐγὼ ἀναβαίνω πρὸς τὸν ἀποστείλαντά με γράψατε πάντα ταῦτα τὰ συμβάντα ὑμῖν καὶ ἀνέβη Tb 12:20
Now therefore give God thanks: for I go up to him that sent me; but write all things which are done in a book.
Now therefore give God thanks, for I go up to him who sent me; but write all these things which have happened in a book.”
- - - 21 Tb 12:21 21 καὶ ἀνέστησαν καὶ οὐκέτι ἠδύναντο ἰδεῖν αὐτόν Tb 12:21
And when they arose, they saw him no more.
And when they arose, they saw him no more.
- - - 22 Tb 12:22 22 καὶ ηὐλόγουν καὶ ὕμνουν τὸν θεὸν καὶ ἐξωμολογοῦντο αὐτῷ ἐπὶ τὰ ἔργα αὐτοῦ τὰ μεγάλα ταῦτα ὡς ὤφθη αὐτοῖς ἄγγελος θεοῦ Tb 12:22
Then they confessed the great and wonderful works of God, and how the angel of the Lord had appeared unto them.
Then they confessed the great and wonderful works of God, and how the angel of the Lord had appeared to them.
- - -
Match Diacritics KEYMAP Wildcard