Τωβὶτ S Tobit S (Codex Sinaiticus)
CATSS LXX Brenton (1851) Wiki English Translation LXX / World English Bible Westminster Leningrad Codex Wiki English Translation HB / World English Bible 1 Tb 11:1 1 καὶ ὡς ἤγγισαν εἰς Κασεριν ἥ ἐστιν κατέναντι Νινευη εἶπεν Ραφαηλ Tb 11:1
After these things Tobias went his way, praising God that he had given him a prosperous journey, and blessed Raguel and Edna his wife, and went on his way till they drew near unto Nineve.
¶After these things Tobias went his way praising God because he had given him a prosperous journey, and he blessed Raguel and Edna his wife, and went on his way until they drew near to Nineveh.
- - - 2 Tb 11:2 2 σὺ γινώσκεις πῶς ἀφήκαμεν τὸν πατέρα σου Tb 11:2
Then Raphael said to Tobias, Thou knowest, brother, how thou didst leave thy father:
Then Raphael said to Tobias, “You know, brother, how you left your father;
- - - 3 Tb 11:3 3 προδράμωμεν τῆς γυναικός σου καὶ ἑτοιμάσωμεν τὴν οἰκίαν ἐν ᾧ ἔρχονται Tb 11:3
Let us haste before thy wife, and prepare the house.
let us hurry ahead, before your wife, and prepare the house;
- - - 4 Tb 11:4 4 καὶ ἐπορεύθησαν ἀμφότεροι κοινῶς καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ λαβὲ μετὰ χεῖρας τὴν χολήν καὶ συνῆλθεν αὐτοῖς ὁ κύων ἐκ τῶν ὀπίσω αὐτοῦ καὶ Τωβια Tb 11:4
And take in thine hand the gall of the fish. So they went their way, and the dog went after them.
and you should carry in your hand the gall of the fish.” So they went their way, and the dog went after them.
- - - 5 Tb 11:5 5 καὶ Αννα ἐκάθητο περιβλεπομένη τὴν ὁδὸν τοῦ υἱοῦ αὐτῆς Tb 11:5
Now Anna sat looking about toward the way for her son.
Now Anna sat looking around, toward the way, for her son.
- - - 6 Tb 11:6 6 καὶ προσενόησεν αὐτὸν ἐρχόμενον καὶ εἶπεν τῷ πατρὶ αὐτοῦ ἰδοὺ ὁ υἱός σου ἔρχεται καὶ ὁ ἄνθρωπος ὁ πορευθεὶς μετ’ αὐτοῦ Tb 11:6
And when she espied him coming, she said to his father, Behold, thy son cometh, and the man that went with him.
And when she spotted him arriving, she said to his father, “See now, your son arrives, and the man who went with him.”
- - - 7 Tb 11:7 7 καὶ Ραφαηλ εἶπεν Τωβια πρὸ τοῦ ἐγγίσαι αὐτὸν πρὸς τὸν πατέρα ἐπίσταμαι ὅτι οἱ ὀφθαλμοὶ αὐτοῦ ἀνεῳχθήσονται Tb 11:7
Then said Raphael, I know, Tobias, that thy father will open his eyes.
Then Raphael said, “I know, Tobias, that your father will open his eyes.
- - - 8 Tb 11:8 8 ἔμπλασον τὴν χολὴν τοῦ ἰχθύος εἰς τοὺς ὀφθαλμοὺς αὐτοῦ καὶ ἀποστύψει τὸ φάρμακον καὶ ἀπολεπίσει τὰ λευκώματα ἀπὸ τῶν ὀφθαλμῶν αὐτοῦ καὶ ἀναβλέψει ὁ πατήρ σου καὶ ὄψεται τὸ φῶς Tb 11:8
Therefore anoint thou his eyes with the gall, and being pricked therewith, he shall rub, and the whiteness shall fall away, and he shall see thee.
Therefore anoint his eyes with the gall, and being irritated by it, he will rub his eyes and the whiteness will fall away, and then he will see you.”
- - - 9 Tb 11:9 9 καὶ ἀνέδραμεν Αννα καὶ ἐπέπεσεν ἐπὶ τὸν τράχηλον τοῦ υἱοῦ αὐτῆς καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ εἶδόν σε παιδίον ἀπὸ τοῦ νῦν ἀποθανοῦμαι καὶ ἔκλαυσεν Tb 11:9
Then Anna ran forth, and fell upon the neck of her son, and said unto him, Seeing I have seen thee, my son, from henceforth I am content to die. And they wept both.
Then Anna ran forth, and fell upon the neck of her son, and said to him, “Since I have seen you, my son, from now on I am content to die.” And they both wept.
- - - 10 Tb 11:10 10 καὶ ἀνέστη Τωβις καὶ προσέκοπτεν τοῖς ποσὶν καὶ ἐξῆλθεν τὴν θύραν τῆς αὐλῆς Tb 11:10
Tobit also went forth toward the door, and stumbled: but his son ran unto him,
¶Tobit also went forth toward the door, and stumbled, but his son ran to him.
- - - 11 Tb 11:11 11 καὶ ἐβάδισεν Τωβιας πρὸς αὐτόν καὶ ἡ χολὴ τοῦ ἰχθύος ἐν τῇ χειρὶ αὐτοῦ καὶ ἐνεφύσησεν εἰς τοὺς ὀφθαλμοὺς αὐτοῦ καὶ ἐλάβετο αὐτοῦ καὶ εἶπεν θάρσει πάτερ καὶ ἐπέβαλεν τὸ φάρμακον ἐπ’ αὐτὸν καὶ ἐπέδωκεν Tb 11:11
And took hold of his father: and he strake of the gall on his fathers' eyes, saying, Be of good hope, my father.
And he took hold of his father and struck his fathers’ eyes with the gall, saying, “Be of good hope, my father.”
- - - 12 Tb 11:12 12 καὶ ἀπελέπισεν ἑκατέραις ταῖς χερσὶν αὐτοῦ ἀπὸ τῶν κανθῶν τῶν ὀφθαλμῶν αὐτοῦ Tb 11:12
And when his eyes began to smart, he rubbed them;
And when his eyes began to sting, he rubbed them;
- - - 13 Tb 11:13 13 καὶ ἔπεσεν ἐπὶ τὸν τράχηλον αὐτοῦ καὶ ἔκλαυσεν καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ εἶδόν σε τέκνον τὸ φῶς τῶν ὀφθαλμῶν μου Tb 11:13
And the whiteness pilled away from the corners of his eyes: and when he saw his son, he fell upon his neck.
and the whiteness pealed away from the corners of his eyes; and when he saw his son, he fell upon his neck.
- - - 14 Tb 11:14 14 καὶ εἶπεν εὐλογητὸς ὁ θεός καὶ εὐλογητὸν τὸ ὄνομα τὸ μέγα αὐτοῦ καὶ εὐλογημένοι πάντες οἱ ἄγγελοι οἱ ἅγιοι αὐτοῦ γένοιτο τὸ ὄνομα τὸ μέγα αὐτοῦ ἐφ’ ἡμᾶς καὶ εὐλογητοὶ πάντες οἱ ἄγγελοι εἰς πάντας τοὺς αἰῶνας ὅτι αὐτὸς ἐμαστίγωσέν με καὶ ἰδοὺ βλέπω Τωβιαν τὸν υἱόν μου Tb 11:14
And he wept, and said, Blessed art thou, O God, and blessed is thy name for ever; and blessed are all thine holy angels:
And he wept and said, “Blessed are you, O God, and blessed is your name for ever; and blessed are all your holy angels.
- - - 15 Tb 11:15 15 καὶ εἰσῆλθεν Τωβιας χαίρων καὶ εὐλογῶν τὸν θεὸν ἐν ὅλῳ τῷ στόματι αὐτοῦ καὶ ἐπέδειξεν Τωβιας τῷ πατρὶ αὐτοῦ ὅτι εὐοδώθη ἡ ὁδὸς αὐτοῦ καὶ ὅτι ἐνήνοχεν ἀργύριον καὶ ὡς ἔλαβεν Σαρραν τὴν θυγατέρα Ραγουηλ γυναῖκα καὶ ὅτι ἰδοὺ παραγίνεται καὶ ἔστιν σύνεγγυς τῆς πύλης Νινευη Tb 11:15
For thou hast scourged, and hast taken pity on me: for, behold, I see my son Tobias. And his son went in rejoicing, and told his father the great things that had happened to him in Media.
For you have scourged me, and have taken pity on me; for, behold, I see my son Tobias.” And his son went in rejoicing, and he told his father the great things which had happened to him in Media.
- - - 16 Tb 11:16 16 καὶ ἐξῆλθεν Τωβιθ εἰς ἀπάντησιν τῆς νύμφης αὐτοῦ χαίρων καὶ εὐλογῶν τὸν θεὸν πρὸς τὴν πύλην Νινευη καὶ ἰδόντες αὐτὸν οἱ ἐν Νινευη πορευόμενον καὶ διαβαίνοντα αὐτὸν πάσῃ τῇ ἰσχύι αὐτοῦ καὶ ὑπὸ μηδενὸς χειραγωγούμενον ἐθαύμασαν καὶ Τωβιθ ἐξωμολογεῖτο ἐναντίον αὐτῶν ὅτι ἠλέησεν αὐτὸν ὁ θεὸς καὶ ὅτι ἤνοιξεν τοὺς ὀφθαλμοὺς αὐτοῦ Tb 11:16
Then Tobit went out to meet his daughter in law at the gate of Nineve, rejoicing and praising God: and they which saw him go marvelled, because he had received his sight.
Then Tobit went out to meet his daughter-in-law at the gate of Nineveh, rejoicing and praising God; and those who saw him go marveled because he had received his sight.
- - - 17 Tb 11:17 17 καὶ ἤγγισεν Τωβιθ Σαρρα τῇ γυναικὶ Τωβια τοῦ υἱοῦ αὐτοῦ καὶ εὐλόγησεν αὐτὴν καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῇ εἰσέλθοις ὑγιαίνουσα θύγατερ καὶ εὐλογητὸς ὁ θεός σου ὃς ἤγαγέν σε πρὸς ἡμᾶς θύγατερ καὶ εὐλογημένος ὁ πατήρ σου καὶ εὐλογημένος Τωβιας ὁ υἱός μου καὶ εὐλογημένη σύ θύγατερ εἴσελθε εἰς τὴν οἰκίαν σου ὑγιαίνουσα ἐν εὐλογίᾳ καὶ χαρᾷ εἴσελθε θύγατερ Tb 11:17
But Tobias gave thanks before them, because God had mercy on him. And when he came near to Sara his daughter in law, he blessed her, saying, Thou art welcome, daughter: God be blessed, which hath brought thee unto us, and blessed be thy father and thy mother. And there was joy among all his brethren which were at Nineve.
But Tobit gave thanks before them, because God had mercy on him. And when he came near to Sarah his daughter-in-law, he blessed her, saying, “You are welcome, daughter. May God be blessed, who brought you to us, and blessed be your father and your mother.” And there was joy among all his brethren who were at Nineveh.
- - - 18 Tb 11:18 18 ἐν τῇ ἡμέρᾳ ταύτῃ ἐγένετο χαρὰ πᾶσιν τοῖς Ιουδαίοις τοῖς οὖσιν ἐν Νινευη Tb 11:18
And Achiacharus, and Nasbas his brother's son, came:
And Achiacharus, and Nasbas his brother’s son, came.
- - - 19 Tb 11:19 19 καὶ παρεγένοντο Αχικαρ καὶ Ναβαδ οἱ ἐξάδελφοι αὐτοῦ χαίροντες πρὸς Τωβιν Tb 11:19
And Tobias' wedding was kept seven days with great joy.
And Tobias’ wedding was kept for seven days with great joy.
- - -
Match Diacritics KEYMAP Wildcard