Τωβὶτ BA Tobit BA (Codices Vaticanus and Alexandrinus)
CATSS LXX Brenton (1851) Wiki English Translation LXX / World English Bible Westminster Leningrad Codex Wiki English Translation HB / World English Bible 1 Tb 8:1 1 ὅτε δὲ συνετέλεσαν δειπνοῦντες εἰσήγαγον Τωβιαν πρὸς αὐτήν Tb 8:1
And when they had supped, they brought Tobias in unto her.
¶And when they had dined, they brought Tobias in to her.
- - - 2 Tb 8:2 2 ὁ δὲ πορευόμενος ἐμνήσθη τῶν λόγων Ραφαηλ καὶ ἔλαβεν τὴν τέφραν τῶν θυμιαμάτων καὶ ἐπέθηκεν τὴν καρδίαν τοῦ ἰχθύος καὶ τὸ ἧπαρ καὶ ἐκάπνισεν Tb 8:2
And as he went, he remembered the words of Raphael, and took the ashes of the perfumes, and put the heart and the liver of the fish thereupon, and made a smoke therewith.
And as he went, he remembered the words of Raphael. And he took the ashes of the perfumes, and put the heart and the liver of the fish on them, and made a smoke with them.
- - - 3 Tb 8:3 3 ὅτε δὲ ὠσφράνθη τὸ δαιμόνιον τῆς ὀσμῆς ἔφυγεν εἰς τὰ ἀνώτατα Αἰγύπτου καὶ ἔδησεν αὐτὸ ὁ ἄγγελος Tb 8:3
The which smell when the evil spirit had smelled, he fled into the utmost parts of Egypt, and the angel bound him.
When the evil spirit had smelled this odor, he fled into the utmost parts of Egypt, and the angel bound him.
- - - 4 Tb 8:4 4 ὡς δὲ συνεκλείσθησαν ἀμφότεροι ἀνέστη Τωβιας ἀπὸ τῆς κλίνης καὶ εἶπεν ἀνάστηθι ἀδελφή καὶ προσευξώμεθα ἵνα ἡμᾶς ἐλεήσῃ ὁ κύριος Tb 8:4
And after that they were both shut in together, Tobias rose out of the bed, and said, Sister, arise, and let us pray that God would have pity on us.
And afterwards, when they were both secluded together, Tobias rose out of the bed and said, “Sister, arise, and let us pray that God will have pity on us.”
- - - 5 Tb 8:5 5 καὶ ἤρξατο Τωβιας λέγειν εὐλογητὸς εἶ ὁ θεὸς τῶν πατέρων ἡμῶν καὶ εὐλογητὸν τὸ ὄνομά σου τὸ ἅγιον καὶ ἔνδοξον εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας εὐλογησάτωσάν σε οἱ οὐρανοὶ καὶ πᾶσαι αἱ κτίσεις σου Tb 8:5
Then began Tobias to say, Blessed art thou, O God of our fathers, and blessed is thy holy and glorious name for ever; let the heavens bless thee, and all thy creatures.
Then Tobias began to say, “Blessed are you, O God of our fathers, and blessed is your holy and glorious name for ever; let the heavens bless you, and all your creatures.
- - - 6 Tb 8:6 6 σὺ ἐποίησας Αδαμ καὶ ἔδωκας αὐτῷ βοηθὸν Ευαν στήριγμα τὴν γυναῖκα αὐτοῦ ἐκ τούτων ἐγενήθη τὸ ἀνθρώπων σπέρμα σὺ εἶπας οὐ καλὸν εἶναι τὸν ἄνθρωπον μόνον ποιήσωμεν αὐτῷ βοηθὸν ὅμοιον αὐτῷ Tb 8:6
Thou madest Adam, and gavest him Eve his wife for an helper and stay: of them came mankind: thou hast said, It is not good that man should be alone; let us make unto him an aid like unto himself.
You made Adam, and gave him Eve his wife as a helper and support; of them came mankind, for you have said, ‘It is not good that man should be alone; let us make him a helper like himself.’
- - - 7 Tb 8:7 7 καὶ νῦν κύριε οὐ διὰ πορνείαν ἐγὼ λαμβάνω τὴν ἀδελφήν μου ταύτην ἀλλ’ ἐπ’ ἀληθείας ἐπίταξον ἐλεῆσαί με καὶ ταύτῃ συγκαταγηρᾶσαι Tb 8:7
And now, O Lord, I take not this my sister for lush but uprightly: therefore mercifully ordain that we may become aged together.
And now, O Lord, I take not this my sister for pleasure, but in righteousness; therefore mercifully ordain that we may grow old together.”
- - - 8 Tb 8:8 8 καὶ εἶπεν μετ’ αὐτοῦ αμην Tb 8:8
And she said with him, Amen.
And she said with him, “Amen.”
- - - 9 Tb 8:9 9 καὶ ἐκοιμήθησαν ἀμφότεροι τὴν νύκτα Tb 8:9
So they slept both that night. And Raguel arose, and went and made a grave,
¶So they both slept that night. And Raguel arose, and went and made a grave,
- - - 10 Tb 8:10 10 καὶ ἀναστὰς Ραγουηλ ἐπορεύθη καὶ ὤρυξεν τάφον λέγων μὴ καὶ οὗτος ἀποθάνῃ Tb 8:10
Saying, I fear lest he also be dead.
saying, “I am afraid that he too is dead.”
- - - 11 Tb 8:11 11 καὶ ἦλθεν Ραγουηλ εἰς τὴν οἰκίαν ἑαυτοῦ Tb 8:11
But when Raguel was come into his house,
But when Raguel returned to his house,
- - - 12 Tb 8:12 12 καὶ εἶπεν Εδνα τῇ γυναικὶ αὐτοῦ ἀπόστειλον μίαν τῶν παιδισκῶν καὶ ἰδέτωσαν εἰ ζῇ εἰ δὲ μή ἵνα θάψωμεν αὐτὸν καὶ μηδεὶς γνῷ Tb 8:12
He said unto his wife Edna. Send one of the maids, and let her see whether he be alive: if he be not, that we may bury him, and no man know it.
he said to his wife Edna, “Send one of the maids, and let her see if he is alive. If he is not, then we can bury him, and no one will know of it.”
- - - 13 Tb 8:13 13 καὶ εἰσῆλθεν ἡ παιδίσκη ἀνοίξασα τὴν θύραν καὶ εὗρεν τοὺς δύο καθεύδοντας Tb 8:13
So the maid opened the door, and went in, and found them both asleep,
So the maid opened the door and went in and found them both asleep.
- - - 14 Tb 8:14 14 καὶ ἐξελθοῦσα ἀπήγγειλεν αὐτοῖς ὅτι ζῇ Tb 8:14
And came forth, and told them that he was alive.
And she came forth and told them that he was alive.
- - - 15 Tb 8:15 15 καὶ εὐλόγησεν Ραγουηλ τὸν θεὸν λέγων εὐλογητὸς εἶ σύ ὁ θεός ἐν πάσῃ εὐλογίᾳ καθαρᾷ καὶ ἁγίᾳ καὶ εὐλογείτωσάν σε οἱ ἅγιοί σου καὶ πᾶσαι αἱ κτίσεις σου καὶ πάντες οἱ ἄγγελοί σου καὶ οἱ ἐκλεκτοί σου εὐλογείτωσάν σε εἰς πάντας τοὺς αἰῶνας Tb 8:15
Then Raguel praised God, and said, O God, thou art worthy to be praised with all pure and holy praise; therefore let thy saints praise thee with all thy creatures; and let all thine angels and thine elect praise thee for ever.
¶Then Raguel praised God and said, “O God, you are worthy to be praised with all pure and holy praise; therefore let your saints praise you with all your creatures, and let all your angels and your elect praise you for ever.
- - - 16 Tb 8:16 16 εὐλογητὸς εἶ ὅτι ηὔφρανάς με καὶ οὐκ ἐγένετό μοι καθὼς ὑπενόουν ἀλλὰ κατὰ τὸ πολὺ ἔλεός σου ἐποίησας μεθ’ ἡμῶν Tb 8:16
Thou art to be praised, for thou hast made me joyful; and that is not come to me which I suspected; but thou hast dealt with us according to thy great mercy.
You are to be praised, for you have made me joyful; and what I feared has not happened, but you have dealt with us according to your great mercy.
- - - 17 Tb 8:17 17 εὐλογητὸς εἶ ὅτι ἠλέησας δύο μονογενεῖς ποίησον αὐτοῖς δέσποτα ἔλεος συντέλεσον τὴν ζωὴν αὐτῶν ἐν ὑγιείᾳ μετὰ εὐφροσύνης καὶ ἐλέους Tb 8:17
Thou art to be praised because thou hast had mercy of two that were the only begotten children of their fathers: grant them mercy, O Lord, and finish their life in health with joy and mercy.
You are to be praised because you had mercy on two who were each the only begotten children of their fathers; grant them mercy, O Lord, and finish their life in health with joy and mercy.”
- - - 18 Tb 8:18 18 ἐκέλευσεν δὲ τοῖς οἰκέταις χῶσαι τὸν τάφον Tb 8:18
Then Raguel bade his servants to fill the grave.
Then Raguel directed his servants to fill the grave.
- - - 19 Tb 8:19 19 καὶ ἐποίησεν αὐτοῖς γάμον ἡμερῶν δέκα τεσσάρων Tb 8:19
And he kept the wedding feast fourteen days.
And he kept the wedding feast for fourteen days.
- - - 20 Tb 8:20 20 καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ Ραγουηλ πρὶν ἢ συντελεσθῆναι τὰς ἡμέρας τοῦ γάμου ἐνόρκως μὴ ἐξελθεῖν αὐτόν ἐὰν μὴ πληρωθῶσιν αἱ δέκα τέσσαρες ἡμέραι τοῦ γάμου Tb 8:20
For before the days of the marriage were finished, Raguel had said unto him by an oath, that he should not depart till the fourteen days of the marriage were expired;
For before the days of the marriage were finished, Raguel had said to him by an oath, that he should not depart until the fourteen days of the marriage were fulfilled,
- - - 21 Tb 8:21 21 καὶ τότε λαβόντα τὸ ἥμισυ τῶν ὑπαρχόντων αὐτοῦ πορεύεσθαι μετὰ ὑγιείας πρὸς τὸν πατέρα καὶ τὰ λοιπά ὅταν ἀποθάνω καὶ ἡ γυνή μου Tb 8:21
And then he should take the half of his goods, and go in safety to his father; and should have the rest when I and my wife be dead.
and that then he should take half of his goods and go in safety to his father, and that he would have the rest “when I and my wife are dead.”
- - -
Match Diacritics KEYMAP Wildcard