Τωβὶτ BA Tobit BA (Codices Vaticanus and Alexandrinus)
CATSS LXX Brenton (1851) Wiki English Translation LXX / World English Bible Westminster Leningrad Codex Wiki English Translation HB / World English Bible 1 Tb 5:1 1 καὶ ἀποκριθεὶς Τωβιας εἶπεν αὐτῷ πάτερ ποιήσω πάντα ὅσα ἐντέταλσαί μοι Tb 5:1
Tobias then answered and said, Father, I will do all things which thou hast commanded me:
¶Tobias then answered and said, “Father, I will do all things which you have commanded me;
- - - 2 Tb 5:2 2 ἀλλὰ πῶς δυνήσομαι λαβεῖν τὸ ἀργύριον καὶ οὐ γινώσκω αὐτόν Tb 5:2
But how can I receive the money, seeing I know him not?
but how can I receive the money, since I do not know him?”
- - - 3 Tb 5:3 3 καὶ ἔδωκεν αὐτῷ τὸ χειρόγραφον καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ ζήτησον σεαυτῷ ἄνθρωπον ὃς συμπορεύσεταί σοι καὶ δώσω αὐτῷ μισθόν ἕως ζῶ καὶ λαβὲ πορευθεὶς τὸ ἀργύριον Tb 5:3
Then he gave him the handwriting, and said unto him, Seek thee a man which may go with thee, whiles I yet live, and I will give him wages: and go and receive the money.
Then he gave him the handwriting, and said to him, “Seek a man to go with you, while I yet live, and I will give him wages; then go and receive the money.”
- - - 4 Tb 5:4 4 καὶ ἐπορεύθη ζητῆσαι ἄνθρωπον καὶ εὗρεν τὸν Ραφαηλ ὃς ἦν ἄγγελος καὶ οὐκ ᾔδει Tb 5:4
Therefore when he went to seek a man, he found Raphael that was an angel.
Therefore, when he went to seek a man, he found Raphael who was an angel,
- - - 5 Tb 5:5 5 καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ εἰ δύναμαι πορευθῆναι μετὰ σοῦ ἐν Ῥάγοις τῆς Μηδίας καὶ εἰ ἔμπειρος εἶ τῶν τόπων Tb 5:5
But he knew not; and he said unto him, Canst thou go with me to Rages? and knowest thou those places well?
but he did not know it; and so he said to him, “Can you go with me to Rages? And do you know those places well?”
- - - 6 Tb 5:6 6 καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ ὁ ἄγγελος πορεύσομαι μετὰ σοῦ καὶ τῆς ὁδοῦ ἐμπειρῶ καὶ παρὰ Γαβαηλ τὸν ἀδελφὸν ἡμῶν ηὐλίσθην Tb 5:6
To whom the angel said, I will go with thee, and I know the way well: for I have lodged with our brother Gabael.
The angel said to him, “I will go with you, and I know the way well, for I have stayed with our brother Gabael.”
- - - 7 Tb 5:7 7 καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ Τωβιας ὑπόμεινόν με καὶ ἐρῶ τῷ πατρί μου Tb 5:7
Then Tobias said unto him, Tarry for me, till I tell my father.
Then Tobias said to him, “Wait for me, while I tell my father.”
- - - 8 Tb 5:8 8 καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ πορεύου καὶ μὴ χρονίσῃς Tb 5:8
Then he said unto him, Go and tarry not. So he went in and said to his father, Behold, I have found one which will go with me. Then he said, Call him unto me, that I may know of what tribe he is, and whether he be a trusty man to go with thee.
Then he said to him, “Go and do not delay.” So he went in and said to his father, “See now, I have found one who will go with me.” Then he said, “Call him to me, so that I may learn what tribe he is from and whether he is a trustworthy man to go with you.”
- - - 9 9 9 καὶ εἰσελθὼν εἶπεν τῷ πατρί ἰδοὺ εὕρηκα ὃς συμπορεύσεταί μοι ὁ δὲ εἶπεν φώνησον αὐτὸν πρός με ἵνα ἐπιγνῶ ποίας φυλῆς ἐστιν καὶ εἰ πιστὸς τοῦ πορευθῆναι μετὰ σοῦ 9 9 - - - 10 Tb 5:9 10 καὶ ἐκάλεσεν αὐτόν καὶ εἰσῆλθεν καὶ ἠσπάσαντο ἀλλήλους Tb 5:9
So he called him, and he came in, and they saluted one another.
¶So he called him, and he came in, and they greeted one another.
- - - 11 Tb 5:10 11 καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ Τωβιτ ἄδελφε ἐκ ποίας φυλῆς καὶ ἐκ ποίας πατρίδος σὺ εἶ ὑπόδειξόν μοι Tb 5:10
Then Tobit said unto him, Brother, shew me of what tribe and family thou art.
Then Tobit said to him, “Brother, tell me what tribe and family you are from.”
- - - 12 Tb 5:11 12 καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ φυλὴν καὶ πατριὰν σὺ ζητεῖς ἢ μίσθιον ὃς συμπορεύσεται μετὰ τοῦ υἱοῦ σου καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ Τωβιτ βούλομαι ἄδελφε ἐπιγνῶναι τὸ γένος σου καὶ τὸ ὄνομα Tb 5:11
To whom he said, Dost thou seek for a tribe or family, or an hired man to go with thy son? Then Tobit said unto him, I would know, brother, thy kindred and name.
He said to him, “Do you seek for a tribe or family, or for a hired man to go with your son?” Then Tobit said to him, “I would know, brother, your kindred and name.”
- - - 13 Tb 5:12 13 ὁ δὲ εἶπεν ἐγὼ Αζαριας Ανανιου τοῦ μεγάλου τῶν ἀδελφῶν σου Tb 5:12
Then he said, I am Azarias, the son of Ananias the great, and of thy brethren.
Then he said, “I am Azariah, the son of Ananiah the great and of your brethren.”
- - - 14 Tb 5:13 14 καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ ὑγιαίνων ἔλθοις ἄδελφε καὶ μή μοι ὀργισθῇς ὅτι ἐζήτησα τὴν φυλήν σου καὶ τὴν πατριάν σου ἐπιγνῶναι καὶ σὺ τυγχάνεις ἀδελφός μου ἐκ τῆς καλῆς καὶ ἀγαθῆς γενεᾶς ἐπεγίνωσκον γὰρ ἐγὼ Ανανιαν καὶ Ιαθαν τοὺς υἱοὺς Σεμειου τοῦ μεγάλου ὡς ἐπορευόμεθα κοινῶς εἰς Ιεροσόλυμα προσκυνεῖν ἀναφέροντες τὰ πρωτότοκα καὶ τὰς δεκάτας τῶν γενημάτων καὶ οὐκ ἐπλανήθησαν ἐν τῇ πλάνῃ τῶν ἀδελφῶν ἡμῶν ἐκ ῥίζης καλῆς εἶ ἄδελφε Tb 5:13
Then Tobit said, Thou art welcome, brother; be not now angry with me, because I have enquired to know thy tribe and thy family; for thou art my brother, of an honest and good stock: for I know Ananias and Jonathas, sons of that great Samaias, as we went together to Jerusalem to worship, and offered the firstborn, and the tenths of the fruits; and they were not seduced with the error of our brethren: my brother, thou art of a good stock.
Then Tobit said, “You are welcome, brother; do not be angry with me now, because I asked about your tribe and your family; for you are my brother, of an honest and good stock. For I know Ananiah and Jonathan, sons of that great Samaiah, because we went together to Jerusalem to worship, and offered the firstborn, and the tenths of the fruits; and they were not seduced with the error of our brethren. My brother, you are of good stock.
- - - 15 Tb 5:14 15 ἀλλ’ εἰπόν μοι τίνα σοι ἔσομαι μισθὸν διδόναι δραχμὴν τῆς ἡμέρας καὶ τὰ δέοντά σοι ὡς καὶ τῷ υἱῷ μου Tb 5:14
But tell me, what wages shall I give thee? wilt thou a drachm a day, and things necessary, as to mine own son?
But tell me, what wages shall I give you? Will you accept a drachma a day, plus whatever is needed for my own son?
- - - 16 Tb 5:15 16 καὶ ἔτι προσθήσω σοι ἐπὶ τὸν μισθόν ἐὰν ὑγιαίνοντες ἐπιστρέψητε Tb 5:15
Yea, moreover, if ye return safe, I will add something to thy wages.
Fine, but moreover, if you return safe, I will add something to your wages.”
- - - 17 Tb 5:16 17 καὶ εὐδόκησαν οὕτως καὶ εἶπεν πρὸς Τωβιαν ἕτοιμος γίνου πρὸς τὴν ὁδόν καὶ εὐοδωθείητε καὶ ἡτοίμασεν ὁ υἱὸς αὐτοῦ τὰ πρὸς τὴν ὁδόν καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ ὁ πατὴρ αὐτοῦ πορεύου μετὰ τοῦ ἀνθρώπου ὁ δὲ ἐν τῷ οὐρανῷ οἰκῶν θεὸς εὐοδώσει τὴν ὁδὸν ὑμῶν καὶ ὁ ἄγγελος αὐτοῦ συμπορευθήτω ὑμῖν καὶ ἐξῆλθαν ἀμφότεροι ἀπελθεῖν καὶ ὁ κύων τοῦ παιδαρίου μετ’ αὐτῶν Tb 5:16
So they were well pleased. Then said he to Tobias, Prepare thyself for the journey, and God send you a good journey. And when his son had prepared all things far the journey, his father said, Go thou with this man, and God, which dwelleth in heaven, prosper your journey, and the angel of God keep you company. So they went forth both, and the young man's dog with them.
¶So they were well pleased. Then he said to Tobias, “Prepare yourself for the journey, and may God give you a good journey.” And when his son had prepared everything for the journey, his father said, “Go with this man; and may God who dwells in heaven prosper your journey, and may the angel of God keep you company.” So they both went forth, and the young man’s dog with them.
- - - 18 Tb 5:17 18 ἔκλαυσεν δὲ Αννα ἡ μήτηρ αὐτοῦ καὶ εἶπεν πρὸς Τωβιτ τί ἐξαπέστειλας τὸ παιδίον ἡμῶν ἢ οὐχὶ ἡ ῥάβδος τῆς χειρὸς ἡμῶν ἐστιν ἐν τῷ εἰσπορεύεσθαι αὐτὸν καὶ ἐκπορεύεσθαι ἐνώπιον ἡμῶν Tb 5:17
But Anna his mother wept, and said to Tobit, Why hast thou sent away our son? is he not the staff of our hand, in going in and out before us?
But Anna his mother wept and said to Tobit, “Why have you sent our son away? Is he not the staff of our hand, in going in and out before us?
- - - 19 Tb 5:18 19 ἀργύριον τῷ ἀργυρίῳ μὴ φθάσαι ἀλλὰ περίψημα τοῦ παιδίου ἡμῶν γένοιτο Tb 5:18
Be not greedy to add money to money: but let it be as refuse in respect of our child.
Do not be greedy to add money to money, but consider it as refuse compared to our child.
- - - 20 Tb 5:19 20 ὡς γὰρ δέδοται ἡμῖν ζῆν παρὰ τοῦ κυρίου τοῦτο ἱκανὸν ἡμῖν ὑπάρχει Tb 5:19
For that which the Lord hath given us to live with doth suffice us.
For what the Lord has given us to live on should be sufficient for us.”
- - - 21 Tb 5:20 21 καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῇ Τωβιτ μὴ λόγον ἔχε ἀδελφή ὑγιαίνων ἐλεύσεται καὶ οἱ ὀφθαλμοί σου ὄψονται αὐτόν Tb 5:20
Then said Tobit to her, Take no care, my sister; he shall return in safety, and thine eyes shall see him.
Then Tobit said to her, “Do not worry, my sister; he will return in safety, and your eyes will see him.
- - - 22 Tb 5:21 22 ἄγγελος γὰρ ἀγαθὸς συμπορεύσεται αὐτῷ καὶ εὐοδωθήσεται ἡ ὁδὸς αὐτοῦ καὶ ὑποστρέψει ὑγιαίνων Tb 5:21
For the good angel will keep him company, and his journey shall be prosperous, and he shall return safe.
For the good angel will keep him company, and his journey will be prosperous, and he will return safe.”
- - - 23 Tb 5:22 23 καὶ ἐπαύσατο κλαίουσα Tb 5:22
Then she made an end of weeping.
Then she ended her weeping.
- - -
Match Diacritics KEYMAP Wildcard