Τωβὶτ BA Tobit BA (Codices Vaticanus and Alexandrinus)
CATSS LXX Brenton (1851) Wiki English Translation LXX / World English Bible Westminster Leningrad Codex Wiki English Translation HB / World English Bible 1 Tb 12:1 1 καὶ ἐκάλεσεν Τωβιτ Τωβιαν τὸν υἱὸν αὐτοῦ καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ ὅρα τέκνον μισθὸν τῷ ἀνθρώπῳ τῷ συνελθόντι σοι καὶ προσθεῖναι αὐτῷ δεῖ Tb 12:1
Then Tobit called his son Tobias, and said unto him, My son, see that the man have his wages, which went with thee, and thou must give him more.
¶Then Tobit called his son Tobias and said to him, “My son, see that the man who went with you has his wages and you must give him more.”
- - - 2 Tb 12:2 2 καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ πάτερ οὐ βλάπτομαι δοὺς αὐτῷ τὸ ἥμισυ ὧν ἐνήνοχα Tb 12:2
And Tobias said unto him, O father, it is no harm to me to give him half of those things which I have brought:
And Tobias said to him, “O father, it is no harm to me to give him half of those things which I have brought,
- - - 3 Tb 12:3 3 ὅτι με ἀγείοχέν σοι ὑγιῆ καὶ τὴν γυναῖκά μου ἐθεράπευσεν καὶ τὸ ἀργύριόν μου ἤνεγκεν καὶ σὲ ὁμοίως ἐθεράπευσεν Tb 12:3
For he hath brought me again to thee in safety, and made whole my wife, and brought me the money, and likewise healed thee.
for he has returned me to you in safety, and made my wife whole, and brought me the money, and likewise healed you.”
- - - 4 Tb 12:4 4 καὶ εἶπεν ὁ πρεσβύτης δικαιοῦται αὐτῷ Tb 12:4
Then the old man said, It is due unto him.
¶Then the old man said, “It is due to him.”
- - - 5 Tb 12:5 5 καὶ ἐκάλεσεν τὸν ἄγγελον καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ λαβὲ τὸ ἥμισυ πάντων ὧν ἐνηνόχατε Tb 12:5
So he called the angel, and he said unto him, Take half of all that ye have brought and go away in safety.
¶So he called the angel and he said to him, “Take half of all that you have brought and go away in safety.”
- - - 6 Tb 12:6 6 τότε καλέσας τοὺς δύο κρυπτῶς εἶπεν αὐτοῖς εὐλογεῖτε τὸν θεὸν καὶ αὐτῷ ἐξομολογεῖσθε μεγαλωσύνην δίδοτε αὐτῷ καὶ ἐξομολογεῖσθε ἐνώπιον πάντων τῶν ζώντων περὶ ὧν ἐποίησεν μεθ’ ὑμῶν ἀγαθὸν τὸ εὐλογεῖν τὸν θεὸν καὶ ὑψοῦν τὸ ὄνομα αὐτοῦ τοὺς λόγους τῶν ἔργων τοῦ θεοῦ ἐντίμως ὑποδεικνύοντες καὶ μὴ ὀκνεῖτε ἐξομολογεῖσθαι αὐτῷ Tb 12:6
Then he took them both apart, and said unto them, Bless God, praise him, and magnify him, and praise him for the things which he hath done unto you in the sight of all that live. It is good to praise God, and exalt his name, and honourably to shew forth the works of God; therefore be not slack to praise him.
¶Then the angel took them both aside and said to them, “Bless God, praise him, and magnify him, and praise him for all the things which he has done for you in the sight of all who live. It is good to praise God and exalt his name and to honorably show forth the works of God; therefore do not be negligent in praising him.
- - - 7 Tb 12:7 7 μυστήριον βασιλέως καλὸν κρύψαι τὰ δὲ ἔργα τοῦ θεοῦ ἀνακαλύπτειν ἐνδόξως ἀγαθὸν ποιήσατε καὶ κακὸν οὐχ εὑρήσει ὑμᾶς Tb 12:7
It is good to keep close the secret of a king, but it is honourable to reveal the works of God. Do that which is good, and no evil shall touch you.
It is good to keep close the secret of a king, but it is honorable to reveal the works of God. Do what is good and no evil shall touch you.
- - - 8 Tb 12:8 8 ἀγαθὸν προσευχὴ μετὰ νηστείας καὶ ἐλεημοσύνης καὶ δικαιοσύνης ἀγαθὸν τὸ ὀλίγον μετὰ δικαιοσύνης ἢ πολὺ μετὰ ἀδικίας καλὸν ποιῆσαι ἐλεημοσύνην ἢ θησαυρίσαι χρυσίον Tb 12:8
Prayer is good with fasting and alms and righteousness. A little with righteousness is better than much with unrighteousness. It is better to give alms than to lay up gold:
Prayer is good with fasting and alms and righteousness. A little with righteousness is better than much with unrighteousness. It is better to give alms than to store up gold,
- - - 9 Tb 12:9 9 ἐλεημοσύνη γὰρ ἐκ θανάτου ῥύεται καὶ αὐτὴ ἀποκαθαριεῖ πᾶσαν ἁμαρτίαν οἱ ποιοῦντες ἐλεημοσύνας καὶ δικαιοσύνας πλησθήσονται ζωῆς Tb 12:9
For alms doth deliver from death, and shall purge away all sin. Those that exercise alms and righteousness shall be filled with life:
for alms can deliver from death and will purge away all sin. Those who practice almsgiving and righteousness shall be filled with life;
- - - 10 Tb 12:10 10 οἱ δὲ ἁμαρτάνοντες πολέμιοί εἰσιν τῆς ἑαυτῶν ζωῆς Tb 12:10
But they that sin are enemies to their own life.
but those who sin are enemies to their own life.
- - - 11 Tb 12:11 11 οὐ μὴ κρύψω ἀφ’ ὑμῶν πᾶν ῥῆμα εἴρηκα δή μυστήριον βασιλέως κρύψαι καλόν τὰ δὲ ἔργα τοῦ θεοῦ ἀνακαλύπτειν ἐνδόξως Tb 12:11
Surely I will keep close nothing from you. For I said, It was good to keep close the secret of a king, but that it was honourable to reveal the works of God.
Surely I will withhold nothing from you, for I said that it is good to keep close the secret of a king, but that it is honorable to reveal the works of God.
- - - 12 Tb 12:12 12 καὶ νῦν ὅτε προσηύξω σὺ καὶ ἡ νύμφη σου Σαρρα ἐγὼ προσήγαγον τὸ μνημόσυνον τῆς προσευχῆς ὑμῶν ἐνώπιον τοῦ ἁγίου καὶ ὅτε ἔθαπτες τοὺς νεκρούς ὡσαύτως συμπαρήμην σοι Tb 12:12
Now therefore, when thou didst pray, and Sara thy daughter in law, I did bring the remembrance of your prayers before the Holy One: and when thou didst bury the dead, I was with thee likewise.
Now therefore, when you pray, and when Sarah your daughter-in-law prays, I will bring the remembrance of your prayers before the Holy One. And when you buried the dead, I was with you likewise.
- - - 13 Tb 12:13 13 καὶ ὅτε οὐκ ὤκνησας ἀναστῆναι καὶ καταλιπεῖν τὸ ἄριστόν σου ὅπως ἀπελθὼν περιστείλῃς τὸν νεκρόν οὐκ ἔλαθές με ἀγαθοποιῶν ἀλλὰ σὺν σοὶ ἤμην Tb 12:13
And when thou didst not delay to rise up, and leave thy dinner, to go and cover the dead, thy good deed was not hid from me: but I was with thee.
And when you did not delay to rise up and leave your dinner, to go and cover the dead, your good deed was not hidden from me, but I was with you.
- - - 14 Tb 12:14 14 καὶ νῦν ἀπέστειλέν με ὁ θεὸς ἰάσασθαί σε καὶ τὴν νύμφην σου Σαρραν Tb 12:14
And now God hath sent me to heal thee and Sara thy daughter in law.
And now God has sent me to heal you and Sarah your daughter-in-law.
- - - 15 Tb 12:15 15 ἐγώ εἰμι Ραφαηλ εἷς ἐκ τῶν ἑπτὰ ἁγίων ἀγγέλων οἳ προσαναφέρουσιν τὰς προσευχὰς τῶν ἁγίων καὶ εἰσπορεύονται ἐνώπιον τῆς δόξης τοῦ ἁγίου Tb 12:15
I am Raphael, one of the seven holy angels, which present the prayers of the saints, and which go in and out before the glory of the Holy One.
I am Raphael, one of the seven holy angels, who present the prayers of the saints, and who go in and out before the glory of the Holy One.”
- - - 16 Tb 12:16 16 καὶ ἐταράχθησαν οἱ δύο καὶ ἔπεσον ἐπὶ πρόσωπον ὅτι ἐφοβήθησαν Tb 12:16
Then they were both troubled, and fell upon their faces: for they feared.
Then they were both troubled and fell upon their faces, for they were afraid.
- - - 17 Tb 12:17 17 καὶ εἶπεν αὐτοῖς μὴ φοβεῖσθε εἰρήνη ὑμῖν ἔσται τὸν δὲ θεὸν εὐλογεῖτε εἰς τὸν αἰῶνα Tb 12:17
But he said unto them, Fear not, for it shall go well with you; praise God therefore.
But he said to them, “Fear not, for it shall go well with you; therefore praise God.
- - - 18 Tb 12:18 18 ὅτι οὐ τῇ ἐμαυτοῦ χάριτι ἀλλὰ τῇ θελήσει τοῦ θεοῦ ἡμῶν ἦλθον ὅθεν εὐλογεῖτε αὐτὸν εἰς τὸν αἰῶνα Tb 12:18
For not of any favour of mine, but by the will of our God I came; wherefore praise him for ever.
For I came, not by any favor of mine, but by the will of our God; therefore praise him for ever.
- - - 19 Tb 12:19 19 πάσας τὰς ἡμέρας ὠπτανόμην ὑμῖν καὶ οὐκ ἔφαγον οὐδὲ ἔπιον ἀλλὰ ὅρασιν ὑμεῖς ἐθεωρεῖτε Tb 12:19
All these days I did appear unto you; but I did neither eat nor drink, but ye did see a vision.
All these days I appeared to you, yet I neither ate nor drank, but you saw a vision.
- - - 20 Tb 12:20 20 καὶ νῦν ἐξομολογεῖσθε τῷ θεῷ διότι ἀναβαίνω πρὸς τὸν ἀποστείλαντά με καὶ γράψατε πάντα τὰ συντελεσθέντα εἰς βιβλίον Tb 12:20
Now therefore give God thanks: for I go up to him that sent me; but write all things which are done in a book.
Now therefore give God thanks, for I go up to him who sent me; but write all these things which have happened in a book.”
- - - 21 Tb 12:21 21 καὶ ἀνέστησαν καὶ οὐκέτι εἶδον αὐτόν Tb 12:21
And when they arose, they saw him no more.
And when they arose, they saw him no more.
- - - 22 Tb 12:22 22 καὶ ἐξωμολογοῦντο τὰ ἔργα τὰ μεγάλα καὶ θαυμαστὰ τοῦ θεοῦ καὶ ὡς ὤφθη αὐτοῖς ὁ ἄγγελος κυρίου Tb 12:22
Then they confessed the great and wonderful works of God, and how the angel of the Lord had appeared unto them.
Then they confessed the great and wonderful works of God, and how the angel of the Lord had appeared to them.
- - -
Match Diacritics KEYMAP Wildcard