Ἔσδρας Αʹ 1 Esdras [1 Ezra]
CATSS LXX Brenton (1851) Wiki English Translation LXX / World English Bible Westminster Leningrad Codex Wiki English Translation HB / World English Bible 1 1Esd 7:1 1 τότε Σισίννης ὁ ἔπαρχος Κοίλης Συρίας καὶ Φοινίκης καὶ Σαθραβουζάνης καὶ οἱ συνέταιροι κατακολουθήσαντες τοῖς ὑπὸ τοῦ βασιλέως Δαρείου προσταγεῖσιν 1Esd 7:1
Then Sisinnes the governor of Celosyria and Phenice, and Sathrabuzanes, with their companions following the commandments of king Darius,
Sisinnes the governor of Coelesyria and Phoenicia, and Sathrabuzanes, with their companions, following the commandments of King Darius,
- - - 2 1Esd 7:2 2 ἐπεστάτουν τῶν ἱερῶν ἔργων ἐπιμελέστερον συνεργοῦντες τοῖς πρεσβυτέροις τῶν Ιουδαίων καὶ ἱεροστάταις 1Esd 7:2
Did very carefully oversee the holy works, assisting the ancients of the Jews and governors of the temple.
very carefully supervised the holy work, assisting the elders of the Jews and rulers of the temple.
- - - 3 1Esd 7:3 3 καὶ εὔοδα ἐγίνετο τὰ ἱερὰ ἔργα προφητευόντων Αγγαιου καὶ Ζαχαριου τῶν προφητῶν 1Esd 7:3
And so the holy works prospered, when Aggeus and Zacharias the prophets prophesied.
So the holy work prospered, while Aggaeus and Zacharias the prophets prophesied.
- - - 4 1Esd 7:4 4 καὶ συνετέλεσαν ταῦτα διὰ προστάγματος τοῦ κυρίου θεοῦ Ισραηλ 1Esd 7:4
And they finished these things by the commandment of the Lord God of Israel, and with the consent of Cyrus, Darius, and Artaxerxes, kings of Persia.
They finished these things by the commandment of the Lord, the God of Israel, and with the consent of Cyrus, Darius, and Artaxerxes, kings of the Persians.
- - - 5 1Esd 7:5 5 καὶ μετὰ τῆς γνώμης Κύρου καὶ Δαρείου καὶ Ἀρταξέρξου βασιλέως Περσῶν συνετελέσθη ὁ οἶκος ὁ ἅγιος ἕως τρίτης καὶ εἰκάδος μηνὸς Αδαρ τοῦ ἕκτου ἔτους βασιλέως Δαρείου 1Esd 7:5
And thus was the holy house finished in the three and twentieth day of the month Adar, in the sixth year of Darius king of the Persians
So the holy house was finished by the twenty-third day of the month Adar, in the sixth year of King Darius.
- - - 6 1Esd 7:6 6 καὶ ἐποίησαν οἱ υἱοὶ Ισραηλ καὶ οἱ ἱερεῖς καὶ οἱ Λευῖται καὶ οἱ λοιποὶ οἱ ἐκ τῆς αἰχμαλωσίας οἱ προστεθέντες ἀκολούθως τοῖς ἐν τῇ Μωυσέως βίβλῳ 1Esd 7:6
And the children of Israel, the priests, and the Levites, and others that were of the captivity, that were added unto them, did according to the things written in the book of Moses.
The children of Israel, the priests, the Levites, and the others who returned from captivity who joined them did what was written in the book of Moses.
- - - 7 1Esd 7:7 7 καὶ προσήνεγκαν εἰς τὸν ἐγκαινισμὸν τοῦ ἱεροῦ τοῦ κυρίου ταύρους ἑκατόν κριοὺς διακοσίους ἄρνας τετρακοσίους 1Esd 7:7
And to the dedication of the temple of the Lord they offered an hundred bullocks two hundred rams, four hundred lambs;
For the dedication of the Lord’s temple, they offered one hundred bulls, two hundred rams, four hundred lambs,
- - - 8 1Esd 7:8 8 χιμάρους ὑπὲρ ἁμαρτίας παντὸς τοῦ Ισραηλ δώδεκα πρὸς ἀριθμὸν ἐκ τῶν φυλάρχων τοῦ Ισραηλ δώδεκα 1Esd 7:8
And twelve goats for the sin of all Israel, according to the number of the chief of the tribes of Israel.
and twelve male goats for the sin of all Israel, according to the number of the twelve princes of the tribes of Israel.
- - - 9 1Esd 7:9 9 καὶ ἔστησαν οἱ ἱερεῖς καὶ οἱ Λευῖται ἐστολισμένοι κατὰ φυλὰς ἐπὶ τῶν ἔργων τοῦ κυρίου θεοῦ Ισραηλ ἀκολούθως τῇ Μωυσέως βίβλῳ καὶ οἱ θυρωροὶ ἐφ’ ἑκάστου πυλῶνος 1Esd 7:9
The priests also and the Levites stood arrayed in their vestments, according to their kindreds, in the service of the Lord God of Israel, according to the book of Moses: and the porters at every gate.
The priests and the Levites stood arrayed in their vestments, according to their kindred, for the services of the Lord, the God of Israel, according to the book of Moses. The gatekeepers were at every gate.
- - - 10 1Esd 7:10 10 καὶ ἠγάγοσαν οἱ υἱοὶ Ισραηλ τῶν ἐκ τῆς αἰχμαλωσίας τὸ πασχα ἐν τῇ τεσσαρεσκαιδεκάτῃ τοῦ πρώτου μηνός ὅτι ἡγνίσθησαν οἱ ἱερεῖς καὶ οἱ Λευῖται ἅμα 1Esd 7:10
And the children of Israel that were of the captivity held the passover the fourteenth day of the first month, after that the priests and the Levites were sanctified.
¶The children of Israel who came out of captivity held the Passover the fourteenth day of the first month, when the priests and the Levites were sanctified together,
- - - 11 1Esd 7:11 11 καὶ πάντες οἱ υἱοὶ τῆς αἰχμαλωσίας οὐχ ἡγνίσθησαν ὅτι οἱ Λευῖται ἅμα πάντες ἡγνίσθησαν 1Esd 7:11
They that were of the captivity were not all sanctified together: but the Levites were all sanctified together.
with all those who returned from captivity; for they were sanctified. For the Levites were all sanctified together,
- - - 12 1Esd 7:12 12 καὶ ἔθυσαν τὸ πασχα πᾶσιν τοῖς υἱοῖς τῆς αἰχμαλωσίας καὶ τοῖς ἀδελφοῖς αὐτῶν τοῖς ἱερεῦσιν καὶ ἑαυτοῖς 1Esd 7:12
And so they offered the passover for all them of the captivity, and for their brethren the priests, and for themselves.
and they offered the Passover for all who returned from captivity, for their kindred the priests, and for themselves.
- - - 13 1Esd 7:13 13 καὶ ἐφάγοσαν οἱ υἱοὶ Ισραηλ οἱ ἐκ τῆς αἰχμαλωσίας πάντες οἱ χωρισθέντες ἀπὸ τῶν βδελυγμάτων τῶν ἐθνῶν τῆς γῆς ζητοῦντες τὸν κύριον 1Esd 7:13
And the children of Israel that came out of the captivity did eat, even all they that had separated themselves from the abominations of the people of the land, and sought the Lord.
The children of Israel who came out of the captivity ate, even all those who had separated themselves from the abominations of the heathen of the land, and sought the Lord.
- - - 14 1Esd 7:14 14 καὶ ἠγάγοσαν τὴν ἑορτὴν τῶν ἀζύμων ἑπτὰ ἡμέρας εὐφραινόμενοι ἔναντι τοῦ κυρίου 1Esd 7:14
And they kept the feast of unleavened bread seven days, making merry before the Lord,
They kept the feast of unleavened bread seven days, rejoicing before the Lord,
- - - 15 1Esd 7:15 15 ὅτι μετέστρεψεν τὴν βουλὴν τοῦ βασιλέως Ἀσσυρίων ἐπ’ αὐτοὺς κατισχῦσαι τὰς χεῖρας αὐτῶν ἐπὶ τὰ ἔργα κυρίου θεοῦ Ισραηλ 1Esd 7:15
For that he had turned the counsel of the king of Assyria toward them, to strengthen their hands in the works of the Lord God of Israel.
because he had turned the counsel of the king of Assyria toward them, to strengthen their hands in the works of the Lord, the God of Israel.
- - -
Match Diacritics KEYMAP Wildcard