Ἔσδρας Αʹ 1 Esdras [1 Ezra]
CATSS LXX Brenton (1851) Wiki English Translation LXX / World English Bible Westminster Leningrad Codex Wiki English Translation HB / World English Bible 1 1Esd 5:1 1 μετὰ δὲ ταῦτα ἐξελέγησαν ἀναβῆναι ἀρχηγοὶ οἴκου πατριῶν κατὰ φυλὰς αὐτῶν καὶ αἱ γυναῖκες αὐτῶν καὶ οἱ υἱοὶ καὶ αἱ θυγατέρες καὶ οἱ παῖδες αὐτῶν καὶ αἱ παιδίσκαι καὶ τὰ κτήνη αὐτῶν 1Esd 5:1
After this were the principal men of the families chosen according to their tribes, to go up with their wives and sons and daughters, with their menservants and maidservants, and their cattle.
¶After this, the chiefs of fathers’ houses were chosen to go up according to their tribes, with their wives, sons, and daughters, with their menservants and maidservants, and their livestock.
- - - 2 1Esd 5:2 2 καὶ Δαρεῖος συναπέστειλεν μετ’ αὐτῶν ἱππεῖς χιλίους ἕως τοῦ ἀποκαταστῆσαι αὐτοὺς εἰς Ιερουσαλημ μετ’ εἰρήνης καὶ μετὰ μουσικῶν τυμπάνων καὶ αὐλῶν 1Esd 5:2
And Darius sent with them a thousand horsemen, till they had brought them back to Jerusalem safely, and with musical
instruments tabrets and flutes. 1Esd 5:2
Darius sent with them one thousand cavalry to bring them back to Jerusalem with peace, with musical instruments, drums, and flutes.
- - - 3 1Esd 5:3 3 καὶ πάντες οἱ ἀδελφοὶ αὐτῶν παίζοντες καὶ ἐποίησεν αὐτοὺς συναναβῆναι μετ’ ἐκείνων 1Esd 5:3
And all their brethren played, and he made them go up together with them.
All their kindred were making merry, and he made them go up together with them.
- - - 4 1Esd 5:4 4 καὶ ταῦτα τὰ ὀνόματα τῶν ἀνδρῶν τῶν ἀναβαινόντων κατὰ πατριὰς αὐτῶν εἰς τὰς φυλὰς ἐπὶ τὴν μεριδαρχίαν αὐτῶν 1Esd 5:4
And these are the names of the men which went up, according to their families among their tribes, after their several heads.
¶These are the names of the men who went up, according to their families among their tribes, after their several divisions.
- - - 5 1Esd 5:5 5 οἱ ἱερεῖς υἱοὶ Φινεες υἱοῦ Ααρων Ἰησοῦς ὁ τοῦ Ιωσεδεκ τοῦ Σαραιου καὶ Ιωακιμ ὁ τοῦ Ζοροβαβελ τοῦ Σαλαθιηλ ἐκ τοῦ οἴκου τοῦ Δαυιδ ἐκ τῆς γενεᾶς Φαρες φυλῆς δὲ Ιουδα 1Esd 5:5
The priests, the sons of Phinees the son of Aaron: Jesus the son of Josedec, the son of Saraias, and Joacim the son of Zorobabel, the son of Salathiel, of the house of David, out of the kindred of Phares, of the tribe of Judah;
The priests, the sons of Phinees, the sons of Aaron: Jesus the son of Josedek, the son of Saraias, and Joakim the son of Zorobabel, the son of Salathiel, of the house of David, of the lineage of Phares, of the tribe of Judah,
- - - 6 1Esd 5:6 6 ὃς ἐλάλησεν ἐπὶ Δαρείου τοῦ βασιλέως Περσῶν λόγους σοφοὺς ἐν τῷ δευτέρῳ ἔτει τῆς βασιλείας αὐτοῦ μηνὶ Νισαν τοῦ πρώτου μηνός 1Esd 5:6
Who spake wise sentences before Darius the king of Persia in the second year of his reign, in the month Nisan, which is the first month.
who spoke wise words before Darius the king of Persia in the second year of his reign, in the month Nisan, which is the first month.
- - - 7 1Esd 5:7 7 εἰσὶν δὲ οὗτοι ἐκ τῆς Ιουδαίας οἱ ἀναβάντες ἐκ τῆς αἰχμαλωσίας τῆς παροικίας οὓς μετῴκισεν Ναβουχοδονοσορ βασιλεὺς Βαβυλῶνος εἰς Βαβυλῶνα 1Esd 5:7
And these are they of Jewry that came up from the captivity, where they dwelt as strangers, whom Nabuchodonosor the king of Babylon had carried away unto Babylon.
These are the of Judeans who came up from the captivity, where they lived as foreigners, whom Nabuchodonosor the king of Babylon had carried away to Babylon.
- - - 8 1Esd 5:8 8 καὶ ἐπέστρεψαν εἰς Ιερουσαλημ καὶ τὴν λοιπὴν Ιουδαίαν ἕκαστος εἰς τὴν ἰδίαν πόλιν οἱ ἐλθόντες μετὰ Ζοροβαβελ καὶ Ἰησοῦ Νεεμιου Ζαραιου Ρησαιου Ενηνιος Μαρδοχαιου Βεελσαρου Ασφαρασου Βορολιου Ροϊμου Βαανα τῶν προηγουμένων αὐτῶν 1Esd 5:8
And they returned unto Jerusalem, and to the other parts of Jewry, every man to his own city, who came with Zorobabel, with Jesus, Nehemias, and Zacharias, and Reesaias, Enenius, Mardocheus, Beelsarus, Aspharasus, Reelius, Roimus, and Baana, their guides.
They returned to Jerusalem and to the other parts of Judea, every man to his own city, who came with Zorobabel, with Jesus, Nehemias,
Eneneus, Mardocheus, Beelsarus,
Reelias, Roimus, and Baana, their leaders.
- - - 9 1Esd 5:9 9 ἀριθμὸς τῶν ἀπὸ τοῦ ἔθνους καὶ οἱ προηγούμενοι αὐτῶν υἱοὶ Φορος δύο χιλιάδες καὶ ἑκατὸν ἑβδομήκοντα δύο 1Esd 5:9
The number of them of the nation, and their governors, sons of Phoros, two thousand an hundred seventy and two; the sons of Saphat, four hundred seventy and two:
¶The number of them of the nation and their leaders: the sons of Phoros, two thousand one hundred seventy two; the sons of
Saphat, four hundred seventy two;
- - - 10 1Esd 5:10 10 υἱοὶ Σαφατ τετρακόσιοι ἑβδομήκοντα δύο υἱοὶ Αρεε ἑπτακόσιοι πεντήκοντα ἕξ 1Esd 5:10
The sons of Ares, seven hundred fifty and six:
the sons of
Ares, seven hundred fifty six;
- - - 11 1Esd 5:11 11 υἱοὶ Φααθμωαβ εἰς τοὺς υἱοὺς Ἰησοῦ καὶ Ιωαβ δισχίλιοι ὀκτακόσιοι δέκα δύο 1Esd 5:11
The sons of Phaath Moab, two thousand eight hundred and twelve:
the sons of
Phaath Moab, of the sons of Jesus and Joab, two thousand eight hundred twelve;
- - - 12 1Esd 5:12 12 υἱοὶ Ωλαμου χίλιοι διακόσιοι πεντήκοντα τέσσαρες υἱοὶ Ζατου ἐννακόσιοι τεσσαράκοντα πέντε υἱοὶ Χορβε ἑπτακόσιοι πέντε υἱοὶ Βανι ἑξακόσιοι τεσσαράκοντα ὀκτώ 1Esd 5:12
The sons of Elam, a thousand two hundred fifty and four: the sons of Zathui, nine hundred forty and five: the sons of Corbe, seven hundred and five: the sons of Bani, six hundred forty and eight:
the sons of Elam, one thousand two hundred fifty four; the sons of
Zathui, nine hundred forty five; the sons of
Chorbe, seven hundred five; the sons of Bani, six hundred forty eight;
- - - 13 1Esd 5:13 13 υἱοὶ Βηβαι ἑξακόσιοι εἴκοσι τρεῖς υἱοὶ Ασγαδ χίλιοι τριακόσιοι εἴκοσι δύο 1Esd 5:13
The sons of Bebai, six hundred twenty and three: the sons of Sadas, three thousand two hundred twenty and two:
the sons of Bebai, six hundred twenty three; the sons of
one thousand three hundred twenty two;
- - - 14 1Esd 5:14 14 υἱοὶ Αδωνικαμ ἑξακόσιοι ἑξήκοντα ἑπτά υἱοὶ Βαγοι δισχίλιοι ἑξήκοντα ἕξ υἱοὶ Αδινου τετρακόσιοι πεντήκοντα τέσσαρες 1Esd 5:14
The sons of Adonikam, six hundred sixty and seven: the sons of Bagoi, two thousand sixty and six: the sons of Adin, four hundred fifty and four:
the sons of Adonikam, six hundred sixty seven; the sons of
Bagoi, two thousand sixty six; the sons of
Adinu, four hundred fifty four;
- - - 15 1Esd 5:15 15 υἱοὶ Ατηρ Εζεκιου ἐνενήκοντα δύο υἱοὶ Κιλαν καὶ Αζητας ἑξήκοντα ἑπτά υἱοὶ Αζουρου τετρακόσιοι τριάκοντα δύο 1Esd 5:15
The sons of Aterezias, ninety and two: the sons of Ceilan and Azetas threescore and seven: the sons of Azuran, four hundred thirty and two:
the sons of
Ater, of Ezekias, ninety two; the sons of Kilan and Azetas, sixty seven; the sons of
Azaru, four hundred thirty two;
- - - 16 1Esd 5:16 16 υἱοὶ Αννιας ἑκατὸν εἷς υἱοὶ Αρομ υἱοὶ Βασσαι τριακόσιοι εἴκοσι τρεῖς υἱοὶ Αριφου ἑκατὸν δέκα δύο 1Esd 5:16
The sons of Ananias, an hundred and one: the sons of Arom, thirty two: and the sons of Bassa, three hundred twenty and three: the sons of Azephurith, an hundred and two:
the sons of
Annis, one hundred one; the sons of Arom, the sons of
Bassai, three hundred twenty three; the sons of Arsiphurith, one hundred twelve;
- - - 17 1Esd 5:17 17 υἱοὶ Βαιτηρους τρισχίλιοι πέντε υἱοὶ ἐκ Βαιθλωμων ἑκατὸν εἴκοσι τρεῖς 1Esd 5:17
The sons of Meterus, three thousand and five: the sons of Bethlomon, an hundred twenty and three:
the sons of Baiterus, three thousand five; the sons of
Bethlomon, one hundred twenty three;
- - - 18 1Esd 5:18 18 οἱ ἐκ Νετεβας πεντήκοντα πέντε οἱ ἐξ Ενατου ἑκατὸν πεντήκοντα ὀκτώ οἱ ἐκ Βαιτασμων τεσσαράκοντα δύο 1Esd 5:18
They of Netophah, fifty and five: they of Anathoth, an hundred fifty and eight: they of Bethsamos, forty and two:
those from Netophas, fifty five; those from Anathoth, one hundred fifty eight; those from
Bethasmoth, forty two;
- - - 19 1Esd 5:19 19 οἱ ἐκ Καριαθιαριος εἴκοσι πέντε οἱ ἐκ Καπιρας καὶ Βηροτ ἑπτακόσιοι τεσσαράκοντα τρεῖς 1Esd 5:19
They of Kiriathiarius, twenty and five: they of Caphira and Beroth, seven hundred forty and three: they of Pira, seven hundred:
Kariathiarius, twenty five: those from Caphira and Beroth, seven hundred forty three;
- - - 20 1Esd 5:20 20 οἱ Χαδιασαι καὶ Αμμιδιοι τετρακόσιοι εἴκοσι δύο οἱ ἐκ Κιραμας καὶ Γαββης ἑξακόσιοι εἴκοσι εἷς 1Esd 5:20
They of Chadias and Ammidoi, four hundred twenty and two: they of Cirama and Gabdes, six hundred twenty and one:
the Chadiasai and Ammidioi, four hundred twenty two; those from
Gabbe, six hundred twenty one;
- - - 21 1Esd 5:21 21 οἱ ἐκ Μακαλων ἑκατὸν εἴκοσι δύο οἱ ἐκ Βαιτολιω πεντήκοντα δύο υἱοὶ Νιφις ἑκατὸν πεντήκοντα ἕξ 1Esd 5:21
They of Macalon, an hundred twenty and two: they of Betolius, fifty and two: the sons of Nephis, an hundred fifty and six:
Macalon, one hundred twenty two; those from
Betolion, fifty two; the sons of
Niphis, one hundred fifty six;
- - - 22 1Esd 5:22 22 υἱοὶ Καλαμω ἄλλου καὶ Ωνους ἑπτακόσιοι εἴκοσι πέντε υἱοὶ Ιερεχου τριακόσιοι τεσσαράκοντα πέντε 1Esd 5:22
The sons of Calamolalus and Onus, seven hundred twenty and five: the sons of Jerechus, two hundred forty and five:
the sons of
Onus, seven hundred twenty five; the sons of
three hundred forty five;
- - - 23 1Esd 5:23 23 υἱοὶ Σαναας τρισχίλιοι τριακόσιοι τριάκοντα 1Esd 5:23
The sons of Annas, three thousand three hundred and thirty.
and the sons of
Sanaas, three thousand three hundred thirty.
- - - 24 1Esd 5:24 24 οἱ ἱερεῖς υἱοὶ Ιεδδου τοῦ υἱοῦ Ἰησοῦ εἰς τοὺς υἱοὺς Ανασιβ ἐννακόσιοι ἑβδομήκοντα δύο υἱοὶ Εμμηρου χίλιοι πεντήκοντα δύο 1Esd 5:24
The priests: the sons of Jeddu, the son of Jesus among the sons of Sanasib, nine hundred seventy and two: the sons of Meruth, a thousand fifty and two:
¶The priests: the sons of
Jeddu, the son of Jesus, among the sons of Sanasib, nine hundred seventy two; the sons of
Emmeruth, one thousand fifty two;
- - - 25 1Esd 5:25 25 υἱοὶ Φασσουρου χίλιοι διακόσιοι τεσσαράκοντα ἑπτά υἱοὶ Χαρμη χίλιοι δέκα ἑπτά 1Esd 5:25
The sons of Phassaron, a thousand forty and seven: the sons of Carme, a thousand and seventeen.
the sons of
Phassurus, one thousand two hundred forty seven; and the sons of
Charme, one thousand seventeen.
- - - 26 1Esd 5:26 26 οἱ δὲ Λευῖται υἱοὶ Ἰησοῦ καὶ Καδμιηλου καὶ Βαννου καὶ Σουδιου ἑβδομήκοντα τέσσαρες 1Esd 5:26
The Levites: the sons of Jessue, and Cadmiel, and Banuas, and Sudias, seventy and four.
The Levites: the sons of Jesus, Kadmiel, Bannas, and Sudias, seventy four.
- - - 27 1Esd 5:27 27 οἱ ἱεροψάλται υἱοὶ Ασαφ ἑκατὸν εἴκοσι ὀκτώ 1Esd 5:27
The holy singers: the sons of Asaph, an hundred twenty and eight.
The holy singers: the sons of Asaph, one hundred twenty eight.
- - - 28 1Esd 5:28 28 οἱ θυρωροί υἱοὶ Σαλουμ υἱοὶ Αταρ υἱοὶ Τολμαν υἱοὶ Ακουβ υἱοὶ Ατητα υἱοὶ Σωβαι οἱ πάντες ἑκατὸν τριάκοντα ἐννέα 1Esd 5:28
The porters: the sons of Salum, the sons of Jatal, the sons of Talmon, the sons of Dacobi, the sons of Teta, the sons of Sami, in all an hundred thirty and nine.
The gatekeepers: the sons of
Salum, the sons of
Atar, the sons of Tolman, the sons of
Dacubi, the sons of
Ateta, the sons of
Sabi, in all one hundred thirty nine.
- - - 29 1Esd 5:29 29 οἱ ἱερόδουλοι υἱοὶ Ησαυ υἱοὶ Ασιφα υἱοὶ Ταβαωθ υἱοὶ Κηρας υἱοὶ Σουα υἱοὶ Φαδαιου υἱοὶ Λαβανα υἱοὶ Αγγαβα 1Esd 5:29
The servants of the temple: the sons of Esau, the sons of Asipha, the sons of Tabaoth, the sons of Ceras, the sons of Sud, the sons of Phaleas, the sons of Labana, the sons of Graba,
¶The temple servants: the sons of
Esau, the sons of
Asipha, the sons of Tabaoth, the sons of
Keras, the sons of
Sua, the sons of
Phaleas, the sons of Labana, the sons of
- - - 30 1Esd 5:30 30 υἱοὶ Ακουδ υἱοὶ Ουτα υἱοὶ Κηταβ υἱοὶ Αγαβα υἱοὶ Συβαϊ υἱοὶ Αναν υἱοὶ Καθουα υἱοὶ Γεδδουρ 1Esd 5:30
The sons of Acua, the sons of Uta, the sons of Cetab, the sons of Agaba, the sons of Subai, the sons of Anan, the sons of Cathua, the sons of Geddur,
the sons of
Acud, the sons of Uta, the sons of Ketab, the sons of
Accaba, the sons of
Subai, the sons of
Anan, the sons of
Cathua, the sons of
- - - 31 1Esd 5:31 31 υἱοὶ Ιαϊρου υἱοὶ Δαισαν υἱοὶ Νοεβα υἱοὶ Χασεβα υἱοὶ Γαζηρα υἱοὶ Οζιου υἱοὶ Φινοε υἱοὶ Ασαρα υἱοὶ Βασθαι υἱοὶ Ασανα υἱοὶ Μαανι υἱοὶ Ναφισι υἱοὶ Ακουφ υἱοὶ Αχιβα υἱοὶ Ασουρ υἱοὶ Φαρακιμ υἱοὶ Βασαλωθ 1Esd 5:31
The sons of Airus, the sons of Daisan, the sons of Noeba, the sons of Chaseba, the sons of Gazera, the sons of Azia, the sons of Phinees, the sons of Azara, the sons of Bastai, the sons of Asana, the sons of Meani, the sons of Naphisi, the sons of Acub, the sons of Acipha, the sons of Assur, the sons of Pharacim, the sons of Basaloth,
the sons of
Jairus, the sons of
Daisan, the sons of
Noeba, the sons of Chaseba, the sons of
Gazera, the sons of
Ozias, the sons of
Phinoe, the sons of Asara, the sons of
Basthai, the sons of
Asana, the sons of
Maani, the sons of
Naphisi, the sons of
Acub, the sons of
Achipha, the sons of
Asur, the sons of Pharakim, the sons of
- - - 32 1Esd 5:32 32 υἱοὶ Μεεδδα υἱοὶ Κουθα υἱοὶ Χαρεα υἱοὶ Βαρχους υἱοὶ Σεραρ υἱοὶ Θομοι υἱοὶ Νασι υἱοὶ Ατιφα 1Esd 5:32
The sons of Meeda, the sons of Coutha, the sons of Charea, the sons of Charcus, the sons of Aserer, the sons of Thomoi, the sons of Nasith, the sons of Atipha.
the sons of
Meedda, the sons of Cutha, the sons of
Charea, the sons of
Barchus, the sons of
Serar, the sons of
Thomei, the sons of
Nasi, the sons of Atipha.
- - - 33 1Esd 5:33 33 υἱοὶ παίδων Σαλωμων υἱοὶ Ασσαφιωθ υἱοὶ Φαριδα υἱοὶ Ιεηλι υἱοὶ Λοζων υἱοὶ Ισδαηλ υἱοὶ Σαφυθι 1Esd 5:33
The sons of the servants of Solomon: the sons of Azaphion, the sons of Pharira, the sons of Jeeli, the sons of Lozon, the sons of Israel, the sons of Sapheth,
¶The sons of the servants of Solomon: the sons of
Assaphioth, the sons of
Pharida, the sons of
Jeeli, the sons of
Lozon, the sons of
Isdael, the sons of
- - - 34 1Esd 5:34 34 υἱοὶ Αγια υἱοὶ Φακαρεθ-σαβιη υἱοὶ Σαρωθιε υἱοὶ Μασιας υἱοὶ Γας υἱοὶ Αδδους υἱοὶ Σουβας υἱοὶ Αφερρα υἱοὶ Βαρωδις υἱοὶ Σαφατ υἱοὶ Αμων 1Esd 5:34
The sons of Hagia, the sons of Pharacareth, the sons of Sabi, the sons of Sarothie, the sons of Masias, the sons of Gar, the sons of Addus, the sons of Suba, the sons of Apherra, the sons of Barodis, the sons of Sabat, the sons of Allom.
the sons of
Agia, the sons of
Phacareth, the sons of Sabie, the sons of Sarothie, the sons of
Masias, the sons of Gas, the sons of Addus, the sons of Subas, the sons of Apherra, the sons of Barodis, the sons of Saphat, the sons of Allon.
- - - 35 1Esd 5:35 35 πάντες οἱ ἱερόδουλοι καὶ οἱ υἱοὶ τῶν παίδων Σαλωμων τριακόσιοι ἑβδομήκοντα δύο 1Esd 5:35
All the ministers of the temple, and the sons of the servants of Solomon, were three hundred seventy and two.
¶All the temple-servants and the sons of the servants of Solomon were three hundred seventy two.
- - - 36 1Esd 5:36 36 οὗτοι ἀναβάντες ἀπὸ Θερμελεθ καὶ Θελερσας ἡγούμενος αὐτῶν Χαρααθ Αδαν καὶ Αμαρ 1Esd 5:36
These came up from Thermeleth and Thelersas, Charaathalar leading them, and Aalar;
These came up from
Charaathalan leading them, and Allar;
- - - 37 1Esd 5:37 37 καὶ οὐκ ἠδύναντο ἀπαγγεῖλαι τὰς πατριὰς αὐτῶν καὶ γενεὰς ὡς ἐκ τοῦ Ισραηλ εἰσίν υἱοὶ Δαλαν τοῦ υἱοῦ Τουβαν υἱοὶ Νεκωδαν ἑξακόσιοι πεντήκοντα δύο 1Esd 5:37
Neither could they shew their families, nor their stock, how they were of Israel: the sons of Ladan, the son of Ban, the sons of Necodan, six hundred fifty and two.
and they could not show their families, nor their stock, how they were of Israel: the sons of
Dalan the son of
Ban, the sons of
Nekodan, six hundred fifty two.
- - - 38 1Esd 5:38 38 καὶ ἐκ τῶν ἱερέων οἱ ἐμποιούμενοι ἱερωσύνης καὶ οὐχ εὑρέθησαν υἱοὶ Οββια υἱοὶ Ακκως υἱοὶ Ιοδδους τοῦ λαβόντος Αυγιαν γυναῖκα τῶν θυγατέρων Φαρζελλαιου καὶ ἐκλήθη ἐπὶ τῷ ὀνόματι αὐτοῦ 1Esd 5:38
And of the priests that usurped the office of the priesthood, and were not found: the sons of Obdia, the sons of Accoz, the sons of Addus, who married Augia one of the daughters of Barzelus, and was named after his name.
¶Of the priests, those who usurped the office of the priesthood and were not found: the sons of
Obdia, the sons of
Akkos, the sons of Jaddus, who married Augia one of the daughters of
Zorzelleus, and was called after his name.
- - - 39 1Esd 5:39 39 καὶ τούτων ζητηθείσης τῆς γενικῆς γραφῆς ἐν τῷ καταλοχισμῷ καὶ μὴ εὑρεθείσης ἐχωρίσθησαν τοῦ ἱερατεύειν 1Esd 5:39
And when the description of the kindred of these men was sought in the register, and was not found, they were removed from executing the office of the priesthood:
When the description of the kindred of these men was sought in the register and was not found, they were removed from executing the office of the priesthood;
- - - 40 1Esd 5:40 40 καὶ εἶπεν αὐτοῖς Νεεμιας καὶ Ατθαριας μὴ μετέχειν τῶν ἁγίων αὐτούς ἕως ἀναστῇ ἀρχιερεὺς ἐνδεδυμένος τὴν δήλωσιν καὶ τὴν ἀλήθειαν 1Esd 5:40
For unto them said Nehemias and Atharias, that they should not be partakers of the holy things, till there arose up an high priest clothed with doctrine and truth.
for Nehemias and Attharias told them that they should not be partakers of the holy things until a high priest wearing
Urim and Thummim should arise.
- - - 41 1Esd 5:41 41 οἱ δὲ πάντες ἦσαν Ισραηλ ἀπὸ δωδεκαετοῦς χωρὶς παίδων καὶ παιδισκῶν μυριάδες τέσσαρες δισχίλιοι τριακόσιοι ἑξήκοντα παῖδες τούτων καὶ παιδίσκαι ἑπτακισχίλιοι τριακόσιοι τριάκοντα ἑπτά ψάλται καὶ ψαλτῳδοὶ διακόσιοι τεσσαράκοντα πέντε 1Esd 5:41
So of Israel, from them of twelve years old and upward, they were all in number forty thousand, beside menservants and womenservants two thousand three hundred and sixty.
¶So all those of Israel, from twelve years old and upward, beside menservants and women servants, were in number forty two thousand three hundred sixty.
- - - 42 1Esd 5:42 42 κάμηλοι τετρακόσιοι τριάκοντα πέντε καὶ ἵπποι ἑπτακισχίλιοι τριάκοντα ἕξ ἡμίονοι διακόσιοι τεσσαράκοντα πέντε ὑποζύγια πεντακισχίλια πεντακόσια εἴκοσι πέντε 1Esd 5:42
Their menservants and handmaids were seven thousand three hundred forty and seven: the singing men and singing women, two hundred forty and five:
Their menservants and handmaids were seven thousand three hundred thirty and seven; the minstrels and singers, two hundred forty five;
- - - 43 1Esd 5:43 43 καὶ ἐκ τῶν ἡγουμένων κατὰ τὰς πατριὰς ἐν τῷ παραγίνεσθαι αὐτοὺς εἰς τὸ ἱερὸν τοῦ θεοῦ τὸ ἐν Ιερουσαλημ εὔξαντο ἐγεῖραι τὸν οἶκον ἐπὶ τοῦ τόπου αὐτοῦ κατὰ τὴν αὐτῶν δύναμιν 1Esd 5:43
Four hundred thirty and five camels, seven thousand thirty and six horses, two hundred forty and five mules, five thousand five hundred twenty and five beasts used to the yoke.
four hundred thirty and five camels, seven thousand thirty six horses, two hundred forty five mules, and five thousand five hundred twenty five beasts of burden.
- - - 44 1Esd 5:44 44 καὶ δοῦναι εἰς τὸ ἱερὸν γαζοφυλάκιον τῶν ἔργων χρυσίου μνᾶς χιλίας καὶ ἀργυρίου μνᾶς πεντακισχιλίας καὶ στολὰς ἱερατικὰς ἑκατόν 1Esd 5:44
And certain of the chief of their families, when they came to the temple of God that is in Jerusalem, vowed to set up the house again in his own place according to their ability,
¶And some of the chief men of their families, when they came to the temple of God that is in Jerusalem, vowed to set up the house again in its own place according to their ability,
- - - 45 1Esd 5:45 45 καὶ κατῳκίσθησαν οἱ ἱερεῖς καὶ οἱ Λευῖται καὶ οἱ ἐκ τοῦ λαοῦ ἐν Ιερουσαλημ καὶ τῇ χώρᾳ οἵ τε ἱεροψάλται καὶ οἱ θυρωροὶ καὶ πᾶς Ισραηλ ἐν ταῖς κώμαις αὐτῶν 1Esd 5:45
And to give into the holy treasury of the works a thousand pounds of gold, five thousand of silver, and an hundred priestly vestments.
and to give into the holy treasury of the works one thousand minas
of gold, five thousand minas of silver, and one hundred priestly vestments.
- - - 46 1Esd 5:46 46 ἐνστάντος δὲ τοῦ ἑβδόμου μηνὸς καὶ ὄντων τῶν υἱῶν Ισραηλ ἑκάστου ἐν τοῖς ἰδίοις συνήχθησαν ὁμοθυμαδὸν εἰς τὸ εὐρύχωρον τοῦ πρώτου πυλῶνος τοῦ πρὸς τῇ ἀνατολῇ 1Esd 5:46
And so dwelt the priests and the Levites and the people in Jerusalem, and in the country, the singers also and the porters; and all Israel in their villages.
¶The priests and the Levites and some of the people lived in Jerusalem and the country. The holy singers also and the gatekeepers and all Israel lived in their villages.
- - - 47 1Esd 5:47 47 καὶ καταστὰς Ἰησοῦς ὁ τοῦ Ιωσεδεκ καὶ οἱ ἀδελφοὶ αὐτοῦ οἱ ἱερεῖς καὶ Ζοροβαβελ ὁ τοῦ Σαλαθιηλ καὶ οἱ τούτου ἀδελφοὶ ἡτοίμασαν τὸ θυσιαστήριον τοῦ θεοῦ τοῦ Ισραηλ 1Esd 5:47
But when the seventh month was at hand, and when the children of Israel were every man in his own place, they came all together with one consent into the open place of the first gate which is toward the east.
¶But when the seventh month was at hand, and when the children of Israel were each in their own place, they all came together with one purpose into the broad place before the first porch which is toward the east.
- - - 48 1Esd 5:48 48 προσενέγκαι ἐπ’ αὐτοῦ ὁλοκαυτώσεις ἀκολούθως τοῖς ἐν τῇ Μωυσέως βίβλῳ τοῦ ἀνθρώπου τοῦ θεοῦ διηγορευμένοις 1Esd 5:48
Then stood up Jesus the son of Josedec, and his brethren the priests and Zorobabel the son of Salathiel, and his brethren, and made ready the altar of the God of Israel,
Then Jesus the son of Josedek, his kindred the priests, Zorobabel the son of Salathiel, and his kindred stood up and made the altar of the God of Israel ready
- - - 49 1Esd 5:49 49 καὶ ἐπισυνήχθησαν αὐτοῖς ἐκ τῶν ἄλλων ἐθνῶν τῆς γῆς καὶ κατώρθωσαν τὸ θυσιαστήριον ἐπὶ τοῦ τόπου αὐτοῦ ὅτι ἐν ἔχθρᾳ ἦσαν αὐτοῖς καὶ κατίσχυσαν αὐτοὺς πάντα τὰ ἔθνη τὰ ἐπὶ τῆς γῆς καὶ ἀνέφερον θυσίας κατὰ τὸν καιρὸν καὶ ὁλοκαυτώματα τῷ κυρίῳ τὸ πρωινὸν καὶ τὸ δειλινὸν 1Esd 5:49
To offer burnt sacrifices upon it, according as it is expressly commanded in the book of Moses the man of God.
to offer burned sacrifices upon it, in accordance with the express commands in the book of Moses the man of God.
- - - 50 1Esd 5:50 50 καὶ ἠγάγοσαν τὴν τῆς σκηνοπηγίας ἑορτήν ὡς ἐπιτέτακται ἐν τῷ νόμῳ καὶ θυσίας καθ’ ἡμέραν ὡς προσῆκον ἦν 1Esd 5:50
And there were gathered unto them out of the other nations of the land, and they erected the altar upon his own place, because all the nations of the land were at enmity with them, and oppressed them; and they offered sacrifices according to the time, and burnt offerings to the Lord both morning and evening.
Some people joined them out of the other nations of the land, and they erected the altar upon its own place, because all the nations of the land were hostile to them and oppressed them; and they offered sacrifices at the proper times and burnt offerings to the Lord both morning and evening.
- - - 51 1Esd 5:51 51 καὶ μετὰ ταῦτα προσφορὰς ἐνδελεχισμοῦ καὶ θυσίας σαββάτων καὶ νουμηνιῶν καὶ ἑορτῶν πασῶν ἡγιασμένων 1Esd 5:51
Also they held the feast of tabernacles, as it is commanded in the law, and offered sacrifices daily, as was meet:
They also held the feast of tabernacles, as it is commanded in the law, and offered sacrifices daily, as appropriate.
- - - 52 1Esd 5:52 52 καὶ ὅσοι εὔξαντο εὐχὴν τῷ θεῷ ἀπὸ τῆς νουμηνίας τοῦ ἑβδόμου μηνὸς ἤρξαντο προσφέρειν θυσίας τῷ θεῷ καὶ ὁ ναὸς τοῦ θεοῦ οὔπω ᾠκοδόμητο 1Esd 5:52
And after that, the continual oblations, and the sacrifice of the sabbaths, and of the new moons, and of all holy feasts.
After that, they offered the continual oblations and the sacrifices of the Sabbaths, of the new moons, and of all the consecrated feasts.
- - - 53 1Esd 5:53 53 καὶ ἔδωκαν ἀργύριον τοῖς λατόμοις καὶ τέκτοσι καὶ βρωτὰ καὶ ποτὰ καὶ χαρα τοῖς Σιδωνίοις καὶ Τυρίοις εἰς τὸ παράγειν αὐτοὺς ἐκ τοῦ Λιβάνου ξύλα κέδρινα διαφέρειν σχεδίας εἰς τὸν Ιοππης λιμένα κατὰ τὸ πρόσταγμα τὸ γραφὲν αὐτοῖς παρὰ Κύρου τοῦ Περσῶν βασιλέως 1Esd 5:53
And all they that had made any vow to God began to offer sacrifices to God from the first day of the seventh month, although the temple of the Lord was not yet built.
All those who had made any vow to God began to offer sacrifices to God from the new moon of the seventh month, although the temple of God was not yet built.
- - - 54 1Esd 5:54 54 καὶ τῷ δευτέρῳ ἔτει παραγενόμενος εἰς τὸ ἱερὸν τοῦ θεοῦ εἰς Ιερουσαλημ μηνὸς δευτέρου ἤρξατο Ζοροβαβελ ὁ τοῦ Σαλαθιηλ καὶ Ἰησοῦς ὁ τοῦ Ιωσεδεκ καὶ οἱ ἀδελφοὶ αὐτῶν καὶ οἱ ἱερεῖς οἱ Λευῖται καὶ πάντες οἱ παραγενόμενοι ἐκ τῆς αἰχμαλωσίας εἰς Ιερουσαλημ 1Esd 5:54
And they gave unto the masons and carpenters money, meat, and drink, with cheerfulness.
They gave money, food, and drink to the masons and carpenters.
- - - 55 1Esd 5:55 55 καὶ ἐθεμελίωσαν τὸν ναὸν τοῦ θεοῦ τῇ νουμηνίᾳ τοῦ δευτέρου μηνὸς τοῦ δευτέρου ἔτους ἐν τῷ ἐλθεῖν εἰς τὴν Ιουδαίαν καὶ Ιερουσαλημ 1Esd 5:55
Unto them of Zidon also and Tyre they gave carrs, that they should bring cedar trees from Libanus, which should be brought by floats to the haven of Joppa, according as it was commanded them by Cyrus king of the Persians.
They also gave carts to the people of Sidon and Tyre, that they should bring cedar trees from Libanus, and convey them in rafts to the harbor of Joppa, according to the commandment which was written for them by Cyrus king of the Persians.
- - - 56 1Esd 5:56 56 καὶ ἔστησαν τοὺς Λευίτας ἀπὸ εἰκοσαετοῦς ἐπὶ τῶν ἔργων τοῦ κυρίου καὶ ἔστη Ἰησοῦς καὶ οἱ υἱοὶ καὶ οἱ ἀδελφοὶ καὶ Καδμιηλ ὁ ἀδελφὸς καὶ οἱ υἱοὶ Ἰησοῦ Ημαδαβουν καὶ οἱ υἱοὶ Ιωδα τοῦ Ιλιαδουν σὺν τοῖς υἱοῖς καὶ ἀδελφοῖς πάντες οἱ Λευῖται ὁμοθυμαδὸν ἐργοδιῶκται ποιοῦντες εἰς τὰ ἔργα ἐν τῷ οἴκῳ τοῦ θεοῦ 1Esd 5:56
And in the second year and second month after his coming to the temple of God at Jerusalem began Zorobabel the son of Salathiel, and Jesus the son of Josedec, and their brethren, and the priests, and the Levites, and all they that were come unto Jerusalem out of the captivity:
¶In the second year after his coming to the temple of God at Jerusalem, in the second month, Zorobabel the son of Salathiel, Jesus the son of Josedek, their kindred, the Levitical priests, and all those who had come to Jerusalem out of the captivity began work.
- - - 57 1Esd 5:57 57 καὶ ᾠκοδόμησαν οἱ οἰκοδόμοι τὸν ναὸν τοῦ κυρίου καὶ ἔστησαν οἱ ἱερεῖς ἐστολισμένοι μετὰ μουσικῶν καὶ σαλπίγγων καὶ οἱ Λευῖται υἱοὶ Ασαφ ἔχοντες τὰ κύμβαλα ὑμνοῦντες τῷ κυρίῳ καὶ εὐλογοῦντες κατὰ Δαυιδ βασιλέα τοῦ Ισραηλ 1Esd 5:57
And they laid the foundation of the house of God in the first day of the second month, in the second year after they were come to Jewry and Jerusalem.
They laid the foundation of God’s temple on the new moon of the second month, in the second year after they had come to Judea and Jerusalem.
- - - 58 1Esd 5:58 58 καὶ ἐφώνησαν δι’ ὕμνων ὁμολογοῦντες τῷ κυρίῳ ὅτι ἡ χρηστότης αὐτοῦ καὶ ἡ δόξα εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας παντὶ Ισραηλ 1Esd 5:58
And they appointed the Levites from twenty years old over the works of the Lord. Then stood up Jesus, and his sons and brethren, and Cadmiel his brother, and the sons of Madiabun, with the sons of Joda the son of Eliadun, with their sons and brethren, all Levites, with one accord setters forward of the business, labouring to advance the works in the house of God. So the workmen built the temple of the Lord.
1Esd 5:58 †
They appointed the Levites who were at least twenty years old over the Lord’s works. Then Jesus, with his sons and kindred, Kadmiel his brother, the sons of Jesus, Emadabun, and the sons of Joda the son of Iliadun, and their sons and kindred, all the Levites, with one accord stood up and started the business, laboring to advance the works in the house of God. So the builders built the Lord’s temple.
- - - 59 1Esd 5:59 59 καὶ πᾶς ὁ λαὸς ἐσάλπισαν καὶ ἐβόησαν φωνῇ μεγάλῃ ὑμνοῦντες τῷ κυρίῳ ἐπὶ τῇ ἐγέρσει τοῦ οἴκου τοῦ κυρίου 1Esd 5:59
And the priests stood arrayed in their vestments with musical instruments and trumpets; and the Levites the sons of Asaph had cymbals,
¶The priests stood arrayed in their vestments with musical instruments and trumpets, and the Levites the sons of Asaph with their cymbals,
- - - 60 1Esd 5:60 60 καὶ ἤλθοσαν ἐκ τῶν ἱερέων τῶν Λευιτῶν καὶ τῶν προκαθημένων κατὰ τὰς πατριὰς αὐτῶν οἱ πρεσβύτεροι οἱ ἑωρακότες τὸν πρὸ τούτου οἶκον πρὸς τὴν τούτου οἰκοδομὴν μετὰ κραυγῆς καὶ κλαυθμοῦ μεγάλου 1Esd 5:60
Singing songs of thanksgiving, and praising the Lord, according as David the king of Israel had ordained.
singing songs of thanksgiving and praising the Lord, according to the directions of King David of Israel.
- - - 61 1Esd 5:61 61 καὶ πολλοὶ διὰ σαλπίγγων καὶ χαρᾶς μεγάλῃ τῇ φωνῇ 1Esd 5:61
And they sung with loud voices songs to the praise of the Lord, because his mercy and glory is for ever in all Israel.
They sang aloud, praising the Lord in songs of thanksgiving, because his goodness and his glory are forever in all Israel.
- - - 62 1Esd 5:62 62 ὥστε τὸν λαὸν μὴ ἀκούειν τῶν σαλπίγγων διὰ τὸν κλαυθμὸν τοῦ λαοῦ ὁ γὰρ ὄχλος ἦν ὁ σαλπίζων μεγαλωστὶ ὥστε μακρόθεν ἀκούεσθαι 1Esd 5:62
And all the people sounded trumpets, and shouted with a loud voice, singing songs of thanksgiving unto the Lord for the rearing up of the house of the Lord.
All the people sounded trumpets and shouted with a loud voice, singing songs of thanksgiving to the Lord for the raising up of the Lord’s house.
- - - 63 1Esd 5:63 63 καὶ ἀκούσαντες οἱ ἐχθροὶ τῆς φυλῆς Ιουδα καὶ Βενιαμιν ἤλθοσαν ἐπιγνῶναι τίς ἡ φωνὴ τῶν σαλπίγγων 1Esd 5:63
Also of the priests and Levites, and of the chief of their families, the ancients who had seen the former house came to the building of this with weeping and great crying.
1Esd 5:63 †
Some of the Levitical priests and of the heads of their families, the elderly who had seen the former house came to the building of this one with lamentation and great weeping.
- - - 64 1Esd 5:64 64 καὶ ἐπέγνωσαν ὅτι οἱ ἐκ τῆς αἰχμαλωσίας οἰκοδομοῦσιν τὸν ναὸν τῷ κυρίῳ θεῷ Ισραηλ 1Esd 5:64
But many with trumpets and joy shouted with loud voice,
But many with trumpets and joy shouted with a loud voice,
- - - 65 1Esd 5:65 65 καὶ προσελθόντες τῷ Ζοροβαβελ καὶ Ἰησοῦ καὶ τοῖς ἡγουμένοις τῶν πατριῶν λέγουσιν αὐτοῖς συνοικοδομήσομεν ὑμῖν 1Esd 5:65
Insomuch that the trumpets might not be heard for the weeping of the people: yet the multitude sounded marvellously, so that it was heard afar off.
so that the people couldn’t hear the trumpets for the weeping of the people, for the multitude sounded loudly, so that it was heard far away.
- - - 66 1Esd 5:66 66 ὁμοίως γὰρ ὑμῖν ἀκούομεν τοῦ κυρίου ὑμῶν καὶ αὐτῷ ἐπιθύομεν ἀπὸ ἡμερῶν Ασβασαρεθ βασιλέως Ἀσσυρίων ὃς μετήγαγεν ἡμᾶς ἐνταῦθα 1Esd 5:66
Wherefore when the enemies of the tribe of Judah and Benjamin heard it, they came to know what that noise of trumpets should mean.
Therefore when the enemies of the tribe of Judah and Benjamin heard it, they came to know what that noise of trumpets meant.
- - - 67 1Esd 5:67 67 καὶ εἶπεν αὐτοῖς Ζοροβαβελ καὶ Ἰησοῦς καὶ οἱ ἡγούμενοι τῶν πατριῶν τοῦ Ισραηλ οὐχ ὑμῖν καὶ ἡμῖν τοῦ οἰκοδομῆσαι τὸν οἶκον κυρίῳ τῷ θεῷ ἡμῶν 1Esd 5:67
And they perceived that they that were of the captivity did build the temple unto the Lord God of Israel.
They learned that those who returned from captivity built the temple for the Lord, the God of Israel.
- - - 68 1Esd 5:68 68 ἡμεῖς γὰρ μόνοι οἰκοδομήσομεν τῷ κυρίῳ τοῦ Ισραηλ ἀκολούθως οἷς προσέταξεν ἡμῖν Κῦρος ὁ βασιλεὺς Περσῶν 1Esd 5:68
So they went to Zorobabel and Jesus, and to the chief of the families, and said unto them, We will build together with you.
So they went to Zorobabel and Jesus, and to the chief men of the families, and said to them, “We will build together with you.
- - - 69 1Esd 5:69 69 τὰ δὲ ἔθνη τῆς γῆς ἐπικείμενα τοῖς ἐν τῇ Ιουδαίᾳ καὶ πολιορκοῦντες εἶργον τοῦ οἰκοδομεῖν 1Esd 5:69
For we likewise, as ye, do obey your Lord, and do sacrifice unto him from the days of Azbazareth the king of the Assyrians, who brought us hither.
For we, just like you, obey your Lord, and sacrifice to him from the days of King
Asbasareth of the Assyrians, who brought us here.”
- - - 70 1Esd 5:70 70 καὶ ἐπιβουλὰς καὶ δημαγωγίας καὶ ἐπισυστάσεις ποιούμενοι ἀπεκώλυσαν τοῦ ἐπιτελεσθῆναι τὴν οἰκοδομὴν πάντα τὸν χρόνον τῆς ζωῆς τοῦ βασιλέως Κύρου 1Esd 5:70
Then Zorobabel and Jesus and the chief of the families of Israel said unto them, It is not for us and you to build together an house unto the Lord our God.
¶Then Zorobabel, Jesus and the chief men of the families of Israel said to them, “It is not for you to build the house for the Lord our God.
- - - 71 1Esd 5:71 71 καὶ εἴρχθησαν τῆς οἰκοδομῆς ἔτη δύο ἕως τῆς Δαρείου βασιλείας 1Esd 5:71
We ourselves alone will build unto the Lord of Israel, according as Cyrus the king of the Persians hath commanded us.
We ourselves alone will build for the Lord of Israel, as King Cyrus of the Persians has commanded us.”
- - -
Match Diacritics KEYMAP Wildcard