Yishevah [Isaiah] Westminster Leningrad Codex Wiki English Translation / World English Bible11מִ֥י הֶאֱמִ֖ין לִשְׁמֻעָתֵ֑נוּ וּזְר֥וֹעַ יְהוָ֖ה עַל ־ מִ֥י נִגְלָֽתָה ׃Is 53:1
22וַיַּ֨עַל כַּיּוֹנֵ֜ק לְפָנָ֗יו וְכַשֹּׁ֙רֶשׁ֙ מֵאֶ֣רֶץ צִיָּ֔ה לֹא ־ תֹ֥אַר ל֖וֹ וְלֹ֣א הָדָ֑ר וְנִרְאֵ֥הוּ וְלֹֽא ־ מַרְאֶ֖ה וְנֶחְמְדֵֽהוּ ׃Is 53:2
- Who has believed our message?
- To whom has the arm of Yahweh been revealed?
33נִבְזֶה֙ וַחֲדַ֣ל אִישִׁ֔ים אִ֥ישׁ מַכְאֹב֖וֹת וִיד֣וּעַ חֹ֑לִי וּכְמַסְתֵּ֤ר פָּנִים֙ מִמֶּ֔נּוּ נִבְזֶ֖ה וְלֹ֥א חֲשַׁבְנֻֽהוּ ׃Is 53:3
- For he grew up before him as a tender plant,
- and as a root out of dry ground.
- He has no form nor comeliness.
- When we see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
44אָכֵ֤ן חֳלָיֵ֙נוּ֙ ה֣וּא נָשָׂ֔א וּמַכְאֹבֵ֖ינוּ סְבָלָ֑ם וַאֲנַ֣חְנוּ חֲשַׁבְנֻ֔הוּ נָג֛וּעַ מֻכֵּ֥ה אֱלֹהִ֖ים וּמְעֻנֶּֽה ׃Is 53:4
- He was despised,
- and rejected by men;
- a man of suffering,
- and acquainted with disease.
- He was despised as one from whom men hide their face;
- and we didn’t respect him.
55וְהוּא֙ מְחֹלָ֣ל מִפְּשָׁעֵ֔נוּ מְדֻכָּ֖א מֵעֲוֹנֹתֵ֑ינוּ מוּסַ֤ר שְׁלוֹמֵ֙נוּ֙ עָלָ֔יו וּבַחֲבֻרָת֖וֹ נִרְפָּא ־ לָֽנוּ ׃Is 53:5
- Surely he has borne our sickness,
- and carried our suffering;
- yet we considered him plagued,
- struck by God, and afflicted.
66כֻּלָּ֙נוּ֙ כַּצֹּ֣אן תָּעִ֔ינוּ אִ֥ישׁ לְדַרְכּ֖וֹ פָּנִ֑ינוּ וַֽיהוָה֙ הִפְגִּ֣יעַ בּ֔וֹ אֵ֖ת עֲוֹ֥ן כֻּלָּֽנוּ ׃Is 53:6
- But he was pierced for our transgressions.
- He was crushed for our iniquities.
- The punishment that brought our peace was on him;
- and by his wounds we are healed.
77נִגַּ֨שׂ וְה֣וּא נַעֲנֶה֮ וְלֹ֣א יִפְתַּח ־ פִּיו֒ כַּשֶּׂה֙ לַטֶּ֣בַח יוּבָ֔ל וּכְרָחֵ֕ל לִפְנֵ֥י גֹזְזֶ֖יהָ נֶאֱלָ֑מָה וְלֹ֥א יִפְתַּ֖ח פִּֽיו ׃Is 53:7
- All we like sheep have gone astray.
- Everyone has turned to his own way;
- and Yahweh has laid on him the iniquity of us all.
88מֵעֹ֤צֶר וּמִמִּשְׁפָּט֙ לֻקָּ֔ח וְאֶת ־ דּוֹר֖וֹ מִ֣י יְשׂוֹחֵ֑חַ כִּ֤י נִגְזַר֙ מֵאֶ֣רֶץ חַיִּ֔ים מִפֶּ֥שַׁע עַמִּ֖י נֶ֥גַע לָֽמוֹ ׃Is 53:8
- He was oppressed,
- yet when he was afflicted he didn’t open his mouth.
- As a lamb that is led to the slaughter,
- and as a sheep that before its shearers is mute,
- so he didn’t open his mouth.
99וַיִּתֵּ֤ן אֶת ־ רְשָׁעִים֙ קִבְר֔וֹ וְאֶת ־ עָשִׁ֖יר בְּמֹתָ֑יו עַ֚ל לֹא ־ חָמָ֣ס עָשָׂ֔ה וְלֹ֥א מִרְמָ֖ה בְּפִֽיו ׃Is 53:9
- He was taken away by oppression and judgment;
- and as for his generation,
- who considered that he was cut off out of the land of the living
- and stricken for the disobedience of my people?
1010וַיהוָ֞ה חָפֵ֤ץ דַּכְּאוֹ֙ הֶֽחֱלִ֔י אִם ־ תָּשִׂ֤ים אָשָׁם֙ נַפְשׁ֔וֹ יִרְאֶ֥ה זֶ֖רַע יַאֲרִ֣יךְ יָמִ֑ים וְחֵ֥פֶץ יְהוָ֖ה בְּיָד֥וֹ יִצְלָֽח ׃Is 53:10
- They made his grave with the wicked,
- and with a rich man in his death;
- although he had done no violence,
- neither was any deceit in his mouth.
1111מֵעֲמַ֤ל נַפְשׁוֹ֙ יִרְאֶ֣ה יִשְׂבָּ֔ע בְּדַעְתּ֗וֹ יַצְדִּ֥יק צַדִּ֛יק עַבְדִּ֖י לָֽרַבִּ֑ים וַעֲוֹנֹתָ֖ם ה֥וּא יִסְבֹּֽל ׃Is 53:11
- Yet it pleased Yahweh to bruise him.
- He has caused him to suffer.
- When you make his soul an offering for sin,
- he shall see his seed.
- He shall prolong his days,
- and the pleasure of Yahweh shall prosper in his hand.
1212לָכֵ֞ן אֲחַלֶּק ־ ל֣וֹ בָרַבִּ֗ים וְאֶת ־ עֲצוּמִים֮ יְחַלֵּ֣ק שָׁלָל֒ תַּ֗חַת אֲשֶׁ֨ר הֶעֱרָ֤ה לַמָּ֙וֶת֙ נַפְשׁ֔וֹ וְאֶת ־ פֹּשְׁעִ֖ים נִמְנָ֑ה וְהוּא֙ חֵטְא ־ רַבִּ֣ים נָשָׂ֔א וְלַפֹּשְׁעִ֖ים יַפְגִּֽיעַ ׃ ס Is 53:12
- After the suffering of his soul,
- he will see the light and be satisfied.
- My righteous servant will justify many by the knowledge of himself;
- and he will bear their iniquities.
- Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great,
- and he shall divide the spoil with the strong;
- because he poured out his soul to death,
- and was numbered with the transgressors;
- yet he bore the sin of many,
- and made intercession for the transgressors.
| ּ|| ֿ||וֹ||וֺ|| ִ|| ֵ|| ֶ|| ַ|| ָ|| ֻ|| ְ|
| ֱ|| ֲ|| ֳ|| ֽ||שׁ||שׂ||%|